Can you confirm that I am entitled to the interest on PPI claims ?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
4 posts Page 1 of 1

Victoria.t

Post by Victoria.t » Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:12 pm
I made my last payment to grant Thornton last October I have received my certificate of completion August 2014. Grant Thornton are making me claim ppi back and were using a company called Eic. I have now told them I no longer want them to deal with it because I have been hounded more by creditors now than in my Iva. I have so far claimed back over �5000 and I have been advised that I am entitled to the 8% interest which at the moment is over �2000 according to the figures on the breakdown letters. Can you confirm that it is correct that I will get this back ?

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:27 pm
Hello Victoria. You have signed over rights to the PPI, so will have no power to tell them to discontinue with Eic.

With regards interest, you are entitled to the refund of the net interest, after fees ... Eic get their cut first, as far as I am aware.

We are told that there is a glitch in the software GT are using to process these refunds. As yet I have not heard of any payouts at all.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Victoria.t

Post by Victoria.t » Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:02 pm
font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:<hr height="1" noshade>Originally posted by Foggy

Hello Victoria. You have signed over rights to the PPI, so will have no power to tell them to discontinue with Eic.

With regards interest, you are entitled to the refund of the net interest, after fees ... Eic get their cut first, as far as I am aware.

We are told that there is a glitch in the software GT are using to process these refunds. As yet I have not heard of any payouts at all.
Email received this afternoon confirming that EIC will be closing my account and have confirmed with gt I will be dealing with my own ppi claim. So that will now stop them getting a cut for very poor work. I don't see why gt need this software when the letter gives a clear breakdown and they have advised me to send this in to make it easier for them. With Eic I had no option but to tell them not to deal they told me 8 of my lenders were holding things up. Turns out Eic hadn't put in a claim against 8 of my lenders so to get this done and dusted I did it myself.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:36 pm
I, too, am baffled by GT's excuses and also why these firms continue to use apparently incompetent claims companies ( unless I am missing something).
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”