After final payment into IVA (April'12)-when do we get closure ?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1

jimbob1981

Post by jimbob1981 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:51 pm
After final payment into IVA (April'12)-when can you finally say to DFD enough is enough. ....when do we get closure? It's very nearly half way through another 5 year term. Every phonecall in appears to be a fob off. I think there's a anger scale and if you're not kicking off enough, they just think, yep this person is fine for another 3-6 months. Should I look into some legal representation on this one? I've never told anyone about this problem and for 7.5 years I've had to deal with this and beat myself up and worry. If soon it's not sorted I'm going to blow! I really don't want to tell my 80 year old father as he'll be worried, annoyed and ashamed and I will probably lose my relationship too. I'm sick of living in a lie and your control. £7, 000 payment for what?

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:54 pm
You really need to take this further..... by initially lodging a formal complaint with DFD, and escalating to their regulators if no satisfaction.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

jimbob1981

Post by jimbob1981 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:12 pm
Thank for the reply Foggy. I think it's going that way. I wish my Dad knew as he's very good with resolving issues and also has a brilliant financial adviser, who I think could help. For now I will be studying this forum and waiting the 2 weeks dfd said to call back, then if nothing changes I think it's time to start pushing the bolder towards the mountain edge and getting some momentum into trying to resolve this mess.

ashb

Post by ashb » Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:38 pm
Jim bob

Good luck to you, it's not fair the way we are treated and have little protection, I can assure you this will change in the future as this whole business is a dirty affair

jimbob1981

Post by jimbob1981 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:27 pm
Thank you Ashb! It certainly is a filthy affair. I know I was taken advantage of amongst 1000's of others in horrid, desperate situations. There was never any other option. This will be the reversal of the banks soon, backing everybody to sue the IVA companies on mis sold policies, there's sooo much money gone from people and not even to the debtors. Evilness personified!
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”