Renting

5 posts Page 1 of 1

Charlee

Post by Charlee » Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:07 pm
Anyone had problems renting since finishing their IVA?
I've settled with a f&f back in march, worked my arse off to save up to move out after moving back home with my parents, and every door is being slammed in my face?

They want a guarantor, they want extra money for the deposit, extra money for this and that.
My parents were willing to be a guarantor, and my mums workplace (HM Rev and Customs) don't have a HR department that is contactable by an outside source, so she can't prove her salary and employment details to be my guarantor. So i'm screwed there!

Is it best to just go to the council and declare myself homeless in the hope that I will be able to live somewhere that isn't sleeping on a sofa?

Will anyone every let me move on from the mistakes i made, and paid for, or is this just it now?

Stuck.
Full and Final Settlement Accepted 10/03/2014
Certificate Of Completion 3/4/2014!
I Did It!! :-)

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:15 pm
Your mum's P60 and wage slips should suffice -- and HMRC do provide salary details to outside sources (otherwise there would be 15,000 public servants unable to get mortgages ... if they could afford them!).

Your best bet is to try to rent privately, rather than through an agent (no credit checks).

Council is a no-no -- they are very unlikely to assist .... but might have a list of landlords.

Once your credit file clears up the world will be your oyster.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Charlee

Post by Charlee » Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:25 pm
i have a flat and a landlord that is happy to accept the fact i've had an iva, it's just the stupid form i have to fill out for the guarantor that i can't seem to do! my mum is adamant that everything will need to be done by post, and could take ages to get them to actually do! there is no numbers, fax or e-mail which is what i need to submit on the form! just so frustrating!! all i need is for HM to say yes she earns that much, and yes she works for us! thats it!! they don't need to do anything else! surely its not supposed to be this difficult!
i'm sure other people at the tax office rents homes, and needs to fill out this application form to prove their earnings, how is it this difficult to get some contact details!! i want to scream! just everyone is being so difficult! i've paid my dues! just still being discriminated against because of it! letter of debt completion means squat to anyone! wish i had never ever stepped near an iva! screw you for life! thats all its doing to me!
Full and Final Settlement Accepted 10/03/2014
Certificate Of Completion 3/4/2014!
I Did It!! :-)

kev59

Post by kev59 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:30 am
when I had to start renting after my iva, I had to pay 6 months rent up front+ 1 1/2 months dispost.
IVA now over with and it was worth it.
now starting my life again,

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:32 am
Your mum's hr department will be able provide an external email address for this - i work in similar government department and when in same position I rang them, explained and they provided an email address to get it done ....
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “friends corner”