PPI Reclaims - when is best?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
6 posts Page 1 of 1

Dougie

Post by Dougie » Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:34 pm
Just recently put forward a F&F for our IVA, decision due soon. As part of the process, I, like others have had to agree to a PPi investigation.

Now I have absolutely no objection to a PPi claim and handover of anything discovered, the only thing that puzzles me is why it is generally left to the end of the IVA? It seems to elongate the closure process which is stressful enough.

Is there any reason why these PPi investigations can't be kicked off much earlier in the process so when you make your last payment that is the end of things??
IVA Accepted - Sep 2009
F&F Accepted - Oct 2014
CC Received - Jul 2015

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:39 pm
They can be kicked of earlier, but the firms are still playing catch up ! Mine were started about a year into my IVA.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Dougie

Post by Dougie » Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:02 pm
I'm almost certain I never took out PPI and was certainly not mis-sold it. Only time I had a policy was a mortgage payment protection plan, I opted for it and had to use it during a period of redundancy.

So is it faster if you have none? i.e. The investigation finds none to pursue?
IVA Accepted - Sep 2009
F&F Accepted - Oct 2014
CC Received - Jul 2015

Goosed

Post by Goosed » Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:07 pm
The whole ppi reclaim circus is supposed to surround MIS-SOLD ppi.

It`s a question I`ve asked on the forum before, but if you are adamant that you haven`t actually been MIS-SOLD ppi, then how can you be forced into allowing companies to claim back what you actually willingly agreed to pay???
"When the seagulls follow the trawler, it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea".

Eric Cantona

Dougie

Post by Dougie » Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:12 pm
I think it has something to do with the policy you were sold not being fit for purpose, so may not have actually paid out if needed. So although you agreed to it the terms were mis-sold.

I never took it out (other than one referred to) as I always thought it was too expensive and was dubious about the policy paying out.

Nevertheless I still have to agree to the investigation, will be bizarre if they claim to have found any!
IVA Accepted - Sep 2009
F&F Accepted - Oct 2014
CC Received - Jul 2015

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:34 pm
I was adamant there was none to claim -- they found over £8,000.

Most PPI's only paid out for 6 months sickness and if you had an employer like mine, who paid full sick pay the policy would not pay out ... therefore, even if I had asked for it it would be considered not fit for purpose and therefore miss-sold.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”