I'm really worried that I will have to pay my IVA for a further 12 months.

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
3 posts Page 1 of 1

Lollipop

Post by Lollipop » Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:56 pm
Hi we have about 15 months left on our IVA, we also have a lone that is secured on the house that finishes in May 2015, it is agreed that I will pay the lone amount to the iva when the lone has finished, this will more than double my payments to the iva for the last 7 months. When my iva finishes in December 15 I will have paid back the amount I entered in the iva with and more as my iva company claimed back my ppi. I'm really worried that I will have to pay my iva for a further 12 months as I know someone who had to do this. Has anyone one else been made to pay for a further 12 months? We do have some equity on the house.
Thanks in advance if anyone can offer any advise

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:18 pm
If you have equity you will be required to release it or extend --- in most cases it works out better ( if a pain) to extend. All the details will be in your paperwork.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

kazzafunk

Post by kazzafunk » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:48 pm
If you feel you have paid 100% of your original debt plus all the fees due you may find you don't have to extend.

Best speak to your IP nearer the time and check
Kazza

Please visit my blog:
http://kazzafunk.blogs.iva.co.uk/

IVA completed 21/03/2012
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”