Why does PPI take so long?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
7 posts Page 1 of 1

ivamess

Post by ivamess » Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:06 am
This has bound to have been asked before but WHY? I know that there are a lot of cases to go through but when I claimed it back a few years ago, before the IVA, all it took was a phone call to the bank and it was sorted there and then.
Is it just a way of holding up the certificate? For example, I KNOW I have no PPI as I was careful to avoid it from the claim onwards. Yet it seems that people wait months and months for it to be sorted. Surely it's a quick look at the database which takes all of five seconds then a confirmation to the IP that all is in order.
This is a hypothetical question as I have the possible offer of a relative to clear the IVA for me, so if that happens I don't want to find myself waiting months and months for a completion certificate (although I know my IP is fast and efficient).

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:34 am
Much depends upon the speed of response by the bank, which is beyond the control of the IP. Then, if the claim gets referred to the Ombudsman, they have an 18 month backlog -- again, out of the hands of the IP.

Also, some firms use claims companies who, it seems use staff moonlighting from the local zoo's monkey enclosure, who sit on letters of authority until they are out of date and have to start all over again!
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Struzzo39

Post by Struzzo39 » Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:36 pm
Ours has been going on with eif for just over 3 years now - joke
Steven & Debbie

Sharon.10

Post by Sharon.10 » Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:00 pm
I recieved my cc last year yet I still have on going ppi as well.
Last payment made August 2012 Certificate of Completion recieved 15th of Novenber 2013.

ivamess

Post by ivamess » Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:32 am
So you can get the certificate whilst the PPI claims are ongoing? This whole issue is very confusing and I feel is something that the banks deliberately hold up if they possibly can. Grossly unfair that they can drag it out for something that they mis-sold in the first place and which can be informed about at the touch of a button or click of a mouse.
If it were the other way around, there would be trouble!!

HLP12

Post by HLP12 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:18 pm
The PPI issue is out of control....My PPI company has finally completed its claims a year after they started (they started after id finished my iva payments) They are doing the paperwork which could take a week or so but should mean I can finally get my Completion certificate or so I thought.....

Completed my Iva over a year ago, it was 6 years a couple of months ago, everything is off my credit file apart from the IVA as I haven't got the completion certificate and guess what apparently one of my creditors has offset £500 of PPi against the debt I owe them so they can't give me my certificate as my IP are Appealing this with the FCA and they don't know when a decision will be made!! Seriously!! I want to die now. Does anyone know anything about this? Or how long it could take?

MerlinL14

Post by MerlinL14 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 3:30 pm
All the excuses they come up with are just flannel, the bottom line is they are useless, utterly incompetent and not worth a 50th of the fees they take for doing such a poor job. It took my 5 weeks to make 2 PPI claims myself fully investigated and paid to my IVA. On the insistence of my IVA company I filled out the form for their PPI claims firm to investigate and now nearlly 3 years on and close to the end of my IVA they have achieved squat.
Last Payment made 04/12/14. Completion Certificate 25/7/15. IVA company GT. No Issues
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”