I finnished my iva over 2 years ago, still not received certificate.

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
9 posts Page 1 of 1

Carol.r

Post by Carol.r » Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:52 pm
I finnished my iva over 2 years ago,
And I still have not received my certificate
Now they have sent me a form to fill
In again asking what they asked at
The beginning of my iva. How much am
I on they want me to send 3 wage slips
Back. My p60. And three bank statements
Is this right. When I have finnished my
Iva over two. Years ago

relieved33

Post by relieved33 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:55 pm
As you have technically not finished the IVA as you have not been issued a completion certificate, you can still be asked to submit information for annual reviews I believe. I don’t know whether they actually do anything with it though.

Radish

Post by Radish » Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:46 am
I was sent an annual review pack after I completed my IVA - I rang DFD and they told me to ignore it. I got a further letter 6 months later telling me I have not submitted an annual review pack and must send it in. My question would be - I am earning a lot more money now as I am really going broke with overtime. I was careful not to go over 10% before. Now I am really raking it in. I have not got my certificute but was led to believe the 10/50/50 does not apply AFTER an IVA is completed. If so I owe them a fortune :-(
IVA complete March 2014 after 6 years.

ashb

Post by ashb » Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:53 am
This is a farce and I believe incompetence, write back and complain and threaten them with the Ombudsman and your MP. The treatment by the IVA firms will not be tolerated and a build up of complaints will eventually guarantee government intervention

relieved33

Post by relieved33 » Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:57 am
I believe that most companies do not require extra monies past the final payment whilst you wait for your completion certificate. I am waiting for mine but not from DFD.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:59 am
Ashb -- whilst I recognise that you are somewhat aggrieved with this system, you cannot maintain that carrying out the statutory duties, as per the agreed terms is incompetence.

I agree that the underlying problems caused by PPI, which, in turn, is causing unwarranted delays SHOULD be dealt with and it is THIS which should be complained about, at every level.

Aim the gun at the target rather than a scattergun approach !
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Croydon lady

Post by Croydon lady » Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:14 pm
I really think that there should be a time limit on how long, IVA companies take on issuing a cc. It's not fair when you have made the full payments and still can't update the insolvency list or try and get a better deal on mortgages, phone etc.
last payment made August 2013,Completion Certificate received 12 November 2014

Shining

Post by Shining » Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:13 pm
I agree with Croydon lady, if all contractual payments are made, even if the IVA company are investigating any PPI claims or similar it should be finished on the proviso any monies claimed go for the benefit of the creditors. Some companies close very timely others well, best left unsaid.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

Borneo

Post by Borneo » Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:46 pm
I understand where you are coming from Ashb.
Companies carrying out their statutory duties is one thing, but unfortunately this runs along side their total incompetence with issues that are the most important for their customers, i.e communication, PPI and of course the receipt of the Completion Certificate (on time... as per the agreed terms!)
Katy
9 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”