Looking for a mortgage for a bigger house. My IVA finished 2 months ago

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
4 posts Page 1 of 1

Parminder

Post by Parminder » Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:31 pm
my iva has finnished 2 months ago. durring my iva i have a mortage which is all up to date never fell behind on my mortage for at least 6 years or so .
now we think the house is to small for us so i want to no how long do i have wait for me to aplly for a mortage and will i get a mortage ? can anybody help.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:34 pm
Hi Parminder. You will really need to wait until the IVA is off your credit records ( 6 years from the start) and clean up your credit file, as well as save a substantial deposit.

We have two brokers on the forum, who are experts in mortgages for those out of an IVA: Ryan and Shaun.

You can find their details under the "Ask a Question" link ( top left) and scrolling down to the experts details section.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Ryan

Industry Expert

Post by Ryan » Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:38 pm
Hi Parminder,
As Foggy said, it would be best to wait until your IVA clears from your credit file ie 6yrs from date registered as this will give you more options and definitely a better rate. You will need to clear up your credit files in the meantime, happy to help you along the way with this if you would like to get in touch. My contact details are below
Ryan Radford
IVA Mortgage Expert
Zebra Money Centre

IVA Mortgage advice needed? Looking at Right to Buy and completed IVA still on credit files ?

Contact me at http://www.ivamortgageexpert.co.uk or via the expert page

Shining

Post by Shining » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:37 pm
I think both Ryan and Shaun have helped a fair few posters and Ryan's offer there is a good one so it might be worth a chat with him.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”