Credit Cleanup quick question

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
7 posts Page 1 of 1

Til

Post by Til » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:56 pm
Hi everyone

This is probably an easy answer one but can anyone tell me:

Is it worth writing to a creditor that has wrongly defaulted me, prior to us receiving the Certificate of Completion?

We've only just made last payment so CofC could be a way off yet and I haven't done the 3 full credit agencies yet but noddle show one company has defaulted us on the wrong date.

Just wondering if it's worth writing yet or should I wait for the CofC?

Thanks
"Hope is the feeling you have that the feeling you have isn't permanent." - Jean Kerr

IVA approved Aug 2008 - 6 year term - last payment made 6 Oct 2014. CC received 14 Nov 2014.

Shining

Post by Shining » Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:42 pm
I think I did and it was corrected, a while back now for me so hopefully someone else will be along soon.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

mole

Post by mole » Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:05 pm
Hi Til, not only do you not have to wait until your completion certificate, you don't even have to wait until the end of your IVA. See my thread

http://www.iva.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=66599

Til

Post by Til » Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:40 pm
Oooo thanks tonnes Mole :) I feel a letter coming on.
"Hope is the feeling you have that the feeling you have isn't permanent." - Jean Kerr

IVA approved Aug 2008 - 6 year term - last payment made 6 Oct 2014. CC received 14 Nov 2014.

plasticdaft

Forum Expert

Post by plasticdaft » Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:47 pm
Defo start chasing these up right away. I'm still trying to sort out an egg loan default. Everything else is clear barring the one wrongly dated default by prudential banking(egg).

Paul
Discharged today the 8th feb 2012. View is much brighter now.
Continuing to rebuild our credit worthiness.

skint til payday

Post by skint til payday » Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:33 pm
I had the same issue with Egg on a credit card and Egg loan, They sold both on to a company called TTI from what I remember. I eventually had to call both Experian and Equifax and asked them to look into this (they were in fact very efficient) and after a few days they got everything updated and because I left mine until after my IVA was completed they were able to remove them all too. Good Luck and just persist with them.

Ryan

Industry Expert

Post by Ryan » Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:47 pm
Hi,
Definitely do this now. There is no reason to wait.
It will also ensure you start on the way to becoming creditworthy again.
Good luck with getting the files clear, ensure you get all 3 credit reporting companies reports, so you know who get the full picture.
Ryan Radford
IVA Mortgage Expert
Zebra Money Centre

IVA Mortgage advice needed? Looking at Right to Buy and completed IVA still on credit files ?

Contact me at http://www.ivamortgageexpert.co.uk or via the expert page
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”