Slightly confused about varying accounts of what happens when I pay more than claim amount.

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
2 posts Page 1 of 1

climbing that hill

Post by climbing that hill » Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:39 pm
Hi All

I started my IVA back in 2012 and over the past few years with pay rises etc i have been upping my payment by nearly 3 times.

My question is that if all my debt was £32000 and the agreed claim is £23.672, if at some point i go past the agreed claim amount i have paid out of my account, does this mean i have a chance of a full and final? Or do i keep going until the full amount has been paid off? I find the information i receive from the IVA group i am with a very unspecific in telling you this info, the 1 thing they did say is that if by debt is £32.000, i will never pay more than this amount from out of my account, is this correct?
A slightly confused member.

Pandy

Post by Pandy » Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:11 pm
You owe the full debt plus fees until the end of your IVA, when anything outstanding gets written off. So if your debt was 32,000 you will pay that plus your IVA company fees, that figure should be in your chairman's report.
Last edited by Pandy on Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If life is what you make it, I must have been in a strange mood when I made mine
2 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”