UPDATE! Now Debt Free!

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
9 posts Page 1 of 1

Helpless121

Post by Helpless121 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:10 pm
[:D] Well its here! My CC and reports arrived this morning after some chasing and nearly 2 months after them being issued and IVA being formally completed.
I have to say, I felt undewhelmed slightly by the drab looking CC with a couple of lines saying it was complete. I wanted a full blown gold edged parchment paper certificate written in hand! [:D]
Well, its been a hard 6 years plus but its officially all over and I can only say to everyone thats either at the beginning or nearing the end of an IVA tat it does end and you do get closure. Keep at it however hard things get and most of all, trust in yourself to get you out of the mess. Its sheer determination that made me want to get it over and done with and today, me and the other half have big smiles on our faces as we have so much to look forward to now.
Now to deal with the CRA and get the two debts showing taken off and for it all to fall of my files this Dec.
Really am very pleased with ourselves today and I think we can say it was worth it just for the piece of A4 that arrived today.
IVA completed!!! Looking forward to getting my life back! Stay positive and you'll get there in the end.

relieved33

Post by relieved33 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:16 pm
Congratulations. Enjoy your debt free future.

Helpless121

Post by Helpless121 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:17 pm
Thank you, I'm sure we will do :)
IVA completed!!! Looking forward to getting my life back! Stay positive and you'll get there in the end.

Til

Post by Til » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:19 pm
Huge congrats! We are waiting for our CC so looking forward to that day and will be smiling like you :)
"Hope is the feeling you have that the feeling you have isn't permanent." - Jean Kerr

IVA approved Aug 2008 - 6 year term - last payment made 6 Oct 2014. CC received 14 Nov 2014.

Pandy

Post by Pandy » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:26 pm
What a wonderful feeling it must be, hope to be joining you next year some time but I am with GT so knowing them it will probably be the year after
If life is what you make it, I must have been in a strange mood when I made mine

Helpless121

Post by Helpless121 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:29 pm
I was GT too and paid FF in early Dec last year and its taken this long to get CC but it does happen so stick with it and chase chase chase! Thats what I did, I emailed every couple of weeks for an update and they were helpful in providing it. Remember, 'squeaky wheel gets the oil'

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:49 pm
Mine was 6 months in coming, almost to the day. Like Helpless I kept in constant touch.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

wiggle1

Post by wiggle1 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:22 am
Congratulations. I too felt that we should have had a gold edged certificate! But nothing can distract from the feeling of having completed and 18 months on, that feeling just keeps growing. Every time we realise that we can repair something in the house or can go out for dinner with the family or friends without having to make up excuses for why we couldn't go, is so liberating. So enjoy your debt free life. For those still on the journey, keep at it because it does end and life is so much better afterwards.
Life after IVA is wonderful.

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:52 am
Well done and enjoy life now using the budgeting skills formed ... you deserve it !
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"
9 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”