Declined for Santander Joint Account

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
8 posts Page 1 of 1

geoffr

Post by geoffr » Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:55 pm
Hi All,

Just a quick one. I bank with Santander and am coming to the end of my IVA so thought i would set up a seperate joint account with my fiance we can use to pay joint bills in. After applying through my own bank online with no Overdraft obviously theyve declined me? Any thoughts why as ive been banking with them a long time...
Bizzare
Regards

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:20 pm
Online "filters" are often over zealous and I have seen "computer says no" overturned a few times by a visit in person to a branch.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

geoffr

Post by geoffr » Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:26 pm
Hi I was quite annoyed at the madness of it all. My other half has a good credit rating and is also a santander customer so what's all that about eh. We're both exuding customers but cannot open another current account. ....world's gone mad guys n gals

ilikewatch

Post by ilikewatch » Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:47 pm
font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:<hr height="1" noshade>Originally posted by geoffr

Hi I was quite annoyed at the madness of it all. My other half has a good credit rating and is also a santander customer so what's all that about eh. We're both exuding customers but cannot open another current account. ....world's gone mad guys n gals
If your other half has a good credit rating the last thing you should be doing is trashing it by creating a link to you whilst your IVA is current!
"If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."

geoffr

Post by geoffr » Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:16 am
My IVA ends next month so this is planning for the future so to speak...Are you suggesting by setting up a joint account it will impact her credit rating?
On this basis how long should i be waiting before attemtping to do this? 6 years?
Regards

Shining

Post by Shining » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:10 am
I would wait until your credit files are clear, 6 years from date of acceptance for IVA to drop off credit files, make sure you've got any defaults off or amended to right date too as well as have in your possession that all important piece of paper being the completion certificate and you're off the Insolvency register.

http://pjgrecovery.com/clean-up-credit-rating.asp
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

geoffr

Post by geoffr » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:14 am
ok will do Lesley. Would getting a Vanquish card not improve things sooner?

Regards

Shining

Post by Shining » Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:37 pm
The 6 year ruling re the defaults etc will still stand no matter what, having a Vanquis Card won't alter this. Plus you need that certificate too. Some companies are quicker than others to issue these.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.
8 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”