Are there rules that IVA companies must follow ?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1

Jill.59

Post by Jill.59 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:15 pm
Are there are rules that IVA companies must follow? seems to me like once you sign your agreement they can do what they like. Very poor communication from my iva company and i have asked them for exact details of any communication and they are asking me for £10 to get the info? Also been told that no one who has finished paying their 60 payments on time will get a remortgage higher than 70 ltv. How can IVA ask for 85% ltv in the current financial climate? i would be in negative equity if this was based on actual LTV values for ex-IVA clients.

Credit-King

Post by Credit-King » Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:23 pm
What company did you go with? Please dont say credit fix.
Last edited by Credit-King on Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:38 pm
All IP firms must follow the rules as laid down in the terms and conditions. They also must operate within the terms of the IVA proposal and ensure any agreed modifications are met.

It is irrelevant as to what the LTV available to IVAers is at the moment because the proposal states 85% and that is how it is calculated. In the future it may go back up to 85% LTV and there were even products available in the past to those in IVAs with LTVs in excess of 90%.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

hubert

Post by hubert » Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:22 pm
font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:<hr height="1" noshade>Originally posted by Credit-King

What company did you go with? Please dont say credit fix.
So young so cynical [^]

I genuinely think we don't name companies enough on here.

I think, good or bad, we should say who we are with. It's not a secret.

I'm with Creditfix too and feeling the same deep joy that all ex PJG clients are feeling no doubt.

But... they are as yet still an unknown quantity...
One pay-cheque away from oblivion!

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:46 pm
I agree, Hubert, companies should be named, as long as the comments we make about them are factual and presented in a mature style.

This is the best way that newcomers can make choices.

I would also like to see more of the success stories, where companies have done well and the outcomes of queries brought up on forum.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”