GT say they have no record of IVA passed to them 2009. How do I get this sorted ?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1

Lauradj19

Post by Lauradj19 » Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:40 pm
I took an IVA out with my ex partner in 2008 with Blair endersbyif. In 2009 my partner and I split and the iva failed. During this time our iva got passed to grant Thornton. I've tried to contact both companies Blair endersby never call back and grant Thornton say they have no record of my iva even though I received a letter sayings my iva had been taken over by grant Thornton. It's been 6 years since i entered into thi iva and it still remains on my credit file as I haven't received a letter to say that it failed. All my debts are paid that were involved in the iva. Regards to my ex partner I don't know his financial status. How do I get this sorted as its having a major impact on my credit score.

Shining

Post by Shining » Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:46 pm
Hi and welcome to the forum.

Maybe one of our experts can offer some advice and think they'll be around tomorrow. Maybe someone has a contact at BE whom you could contact?

I agree it needs sorting and hopefully fairly swiftly.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:39 am
If you have a letter from GT acknowledging that they have taken over your IVA then the responsibility for sorting this out rests with them as the appointed Supervisors on transfer.

I would write to them formally, along with copies ( not originals) of your paperwork and ask them to sort it out as soon as possible.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:34 am
Hi

GT must have a record of your IVA. I would write to the IP listed on your transfer letter

Are you still listed on the online insolvency register ?

Regards
Andam Davies

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:47 am
Your letter is the key to this ..GT need to follow this up for you and come to a conclusion so that your credit files are marked correctly to allow you to move on.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”