Since moving in with partner 2 years ago my IVA company have been factoring in her income

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
4 posts Page 1 of 1

Peter.j

Post by Peter.j » Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:50 am
I had an IVA before moving in with my partner two and a half years ago. My IVA company is factoring in her income and questioning additional funds into her account. They are questioning her bank cards. She has signed nothing in respect of my debts.

Shining

Post by Shining » Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:11 am
Hi, generally when you move n with a partner the IVA company may want the partners' income details to ascertain that a fair split of income is paid in respect of expenditure. However, what your partner spend her disposable income on is her business and any extra monies paid to her is hers to do as she wishes with.

Others, including our experts will be along soon but I'm confident if she's nothing to do with your IVA then her money is just that hers, so long as a fair split of expenditure is proven.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:13 am
Your IP company has no right to question anything your partner does with her money provided she is paying her fair share of the bills. They have no right to look at her bank statements either and if she refuses to provide information they can only assume a 50/50 split of living expenses.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:05 pm
Some companies use household income -- but, in law, have no right to do so and, even if you are with one such firm they have no rights over your partners affairs.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”