Concerned but don't want to be seen as interfering.

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
2 posts Page 1 of 1

Kathy.r

Post by Kathy.r » Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:57 am
Hello could anyone please help, my sister in law has managed to get herself into debt for over 10k with 3 loans and has been recommended to talk to Creditfix by Barclays. What she has agreed with them is to reduce her payments from £280 per month to just £80 and it will be paid off in 5 years. This means that half the loan is written off. She is not very good with money and this just seems to go to be true can anyone answer if this seems normal practice, I know the government introduced something about writing old debt off but unsure if this is what they are doing. I really don't want to be seen as interfering but I am concerned about her.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:29 pm
Hi Kathy, this is essentially correct. But I would question whether an IVA is the right way forward without a full review of her circumstances.

She needs to chat to a few insolvency companies to balance the facts and to determine the way forward.

It is possible that a Debt Management Plan or even a Debt Relief Order is the way to go.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014
2 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”