I am in an IVA that I feel I was bullied into. Please advise

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
3 posts Page 1 of 1

Shirley.75

Post by Shirley.75 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:04 pm
I am in an IVA that I feel I was bullied into why trying to sort finances for the months while I was month down due to tax credits deciding I was overpaid. At the time my son was real problem and we had just started process for assessment of autism (now had confirmed). I had been fair when telling them about all PPI claims I have going though that are nothing to do with things in IVA and said any monies I do get will gladly go in full to my IVA. However they keep working my review wrong. This year just before review I lost childcare for my son as she could no longer manage his behaviour. So where I was getting tax credits (includes disability element) and had average child care costs of 468.00 per month It suddenly changed to half the child care at 234.00 and tax credits of 1126.00. I explained this to IVA and yet they have done my review using higher about of tax credits that i got when was paying for care of 2 children (1347.00 month) and used the lower figure of child care (234.00) and are saying I have an extra £200 free cash so want to up my IVA payments but they have worked wrong and not listening or appologising. The already take into account his disability element of the Tax credits which I only get because tax credits say as I get high rate DLA it means he need more care so it to pay for his needs. Please advise

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:21 pm
Hi Shirley. What you have said above certainly points to your firm being unhelpful and maybe not as on the ball as they should be ... but none of it points to being bullied into an IVA.

You are free to allow the IVA to fail at any time, but would lose the protection it gives you, as well as freedom from added interest on your debts.

You really need to sort this out with the IP direct, rather than a case worker. If need be make a formal complaint and possibly go on to complain to their regulators.

Which firm are you with
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:02 am
I agree with foggy ..a discussion with your IP should be able to resolve this for you.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”