I am about to lose my job. Would this Full and Final offer be considered ?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
3 posts Page 1 of 1

Bobds62

Post by Bobds62 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:51 pm
I have a question regarding Full and Final but...

First of all, I just want to say I'm so disappointed with PJG
Now on to my question:

If I pay £160 per month and have 24 payments remaining and have £3840 in total payments remaining.

However I'm about to lose my job. My mum doesn't have a great deal of money but does have around half that available. Would a Full and Final offer of £1500 even been considered and would they listen to my reasons?

If I make an offer and it's accepted how long would they give me to make the final payment?

seagulls

Post by seagulls » Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:55 pm
Usually a F&F offer is based on the sum of the remaining payments however as you are about to lose your job your IP may look at a reduced sum . I`m not sure though what reduction would be acceptable.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:00 pm
Creditors are often sympathetic to the plights of debtors and will listen to reasonable offers.

Are you being made redundant ? And is the job loss definite ?

The offer will be put to creditors and they have to be given 28 days notice. After the meeting, assuming they accept, payment usually must be made within 30 days, but this should be discussed with your IP prior to the meeting.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”