Updating credit report

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
4 posts Page 1 of 1

sunkendrailer

Post by sunkendrailer » Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:22 pm
Hi everyone...particularly the wonderful Melanie Giles.
I have a query which I hope someone can answer.
I completed my IVA in 2012 and on my credit report all but two of my debtors have updated their records saying that my debts are Satisfied.
However. There are two that remain outstanding and showing as default with a balance owed.
These were both included on my IVA one an overdraft on a current account and the other a loan to Lloyds TSB who are now I assume Lloyds Bank.
All other records were indeed updated in 2012 with the exception of these two.
The last entry on my Lloyds loan was updated in May 2012 but nothing since showing its satisfied.
The entries continue on my Barclays overdrafts and was last updated on 15th January but still shows as a balance in default.
Am I able to get these updated to Satisfied as they were very much part of my IVA for which I have a certificate of completion.
I know all defunct accounts are completely removed after six years in any case but surely these two that were in my IVA should at least show as satisfied by now?
Last edited by sunkendrailer on Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Now debt free after F&F in July 2012.

Jethro

Post by Jethro » Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:33 pm
I feel your frustration...Mine too is a bank.
I only had two creditors, The main one HMRC caused all the trouble...lol...
My bank account was frozen which caused my business visa to not get paid. Until then it had always been paid in full by standing order every month for over ten years. This then made Yorkshire Bank a creditor. Annoyingly they never came forward for payment when my IVA finished!
Unfortunately they now show up as the only red in my sea of greens on my credit file. The default date is correct but the reds just keep on coming. The balance never changes. I'm going to write to them to see if they'll mark it settled.
I know they'll have to drop it off after 6 years (2017) but I really do feel they're just being arkward....They would have got 70% back if they'd at least come forward for it...

Sharon.10

Post by Sharon.10 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:45 pm
Barclays haven't come off my credit file it's incorrectly dated 2 years And 3 months after the iva started I should have come off a year and 5 months a go On my experian I won't be coming off til Nov 2015 it's being investigated by the ombudsman at the moment. I was told Everything would drop off after the 6 years that's has not happened for me as barclays never dropped off.
Last payment made August 2012 Certificate of Completion recieved 15th of Novenber 2013.

sunkendrailer

Post by sunkendrailer » Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:39 pm
Any advice out there?
Now debt free after F&F in July 2012.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”