Two years on

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
9 posts Page 1 of 1

Ox1987

Post by Ox1987 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:25 pm
Hi all

Its two years on since I began this journey and somehow today i felt compelled into making this post.
What can I say about it all, firstly I am through it I am better than I have been for a while and looking forward rather than backwards and have learnt a lot of lessons.
The kids are growing well and enjoying school and I am still working. However I have learnt not to forget the past but learn from it. To update the doctors said I have a very near total mental breakdown , I was put on drugs for a while and then counselling. This helped me see the light and move on.
The love of my family helped and getting my life back on track was the priority. The point is i wanted to share this as i know now how bad I was, stuck in a circle of despair ranting and raving at anyone who would listen (including on here) but I am better now and more wiser. Gone is the need for the next new gadget or gizmo, Gone is the desire and stress to achieve goals to fast and put pressure on myself. DAY AT A TIME and enjoy it thats my new philosophy and its working.
So anyone in despair I hope my story can help others and see that there is light at the end of the tunnel.
Also its a poignant time also writing this as I am about to cross the age barrier for my 40th birthday in a few weeks, I am hoping that the my tunnel is getting closer to the end,
its 18mnths since our IVA got approved as a F&F and we are waiting for PPI to be completed to get closure on it. (I am secreting hoping for it to be as a 40th birthday present lol[:)])

Obviously I want to also thank people that have helped as I might not have been here in every sense my family my friends, people on here, and also Melanie and her wonderful team.

Anyway keep strong and remember the best thing that shines and glows is a ....smile...

MerlinL14

Post by MerlinL14 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:06 pm
Lovely post Ox and so glad you have your troubles behind you. Your last sentence is so true.
Last Payment made 04/12/14. Completion Certificate 25/7/15. IVA company GT. No Issues

abbiesmum2003

Post by abbiesmum2003 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:48 pm
Hey Ox! Lovely to hear from you! Thanks for popping back and posting! Glad things are better for you X Have a happy 40th birthday!

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:25 am
Lovely to hear how things are going ... great to know you are coping ok with the iva.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

Pandy

Post by Pandy » Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:00 am
Aww Ox nice to see you back, I remember your previous post and you were in a dark deep place, glad to see you have found the light again. I am so pleased you have come back to give us an update, over the months you have popped into my head and I have wondered how you were getting on.

I agree about the smile, it is a wonderful thing even better if you can bring it to soemone else's face by giving a hug, a compliment or a good gesture.
If life is what you make it, I must have been in a strange mood when I made mine

Ox1987

Post by Ox1987 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:11 pm
After popping on here briefly I am confused to what has happened with PJG and Melanie and have I been transferred to CF Can someone update me briefly
I got a letter from PJG saying that we were close to closure and just waiting the final PPI outcomes etc. I have not heard anything for a while
As it is so close would it be transferred or left to close with PJG the F&F payment was made already 18mths ago before it was approved
I dont want this to drag on ... worried a little

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:00 am
Ox .. it may be better for you to contact PJG direct to establish. Melanie sold some of her business to Creditfix late last year but did retain some customers ..there appears to be no clear line of which customers were retained and which were sold of. The fact you have not heard anything sounds to me like you may be one of the lucky ones that has stayed with Mel and her team but I would check.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

Shining

Post by Shining » Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:23 pm
Great to hear from you Ox, a bit naughty that from either company you weren't reassured about your IVA. Whatever you do don't stress about it but do contact PJG direct as Luluj suggests and hopefully they'll clarify your position within your IVA.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

Ox1987

Post by Ox1987 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:59 pm
I have sent an email but as everyone seems to have letters last year and I have not and had a letter from PJG at the end of year i assume I am still with them We were only waiting for PPI to be complete and we did that through them and they would get the commission so I can't see it worth selling ours on. It could have been closed by now if it was not for the PPI claims which is annoying as we would love to move on and I am still having a few issues getting better jobs because it's still on the register was hoping to have it done by my 40th next month as a milestone to start again from
9 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”