Credit file wrong info

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
4 posts Page 1 of 1

picklepants

Post by picklepants » Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:26 am
Ive looked at my credit files with the 3 credit reference agencies & some default dates are incorrect & accounts that should be satisfied aren't.
There is also something on it for an account that wasn't even mine, its one of my husbands accounts that was included within our IVA.

So i have the template letter to write to get things amended but do i write to the actual companies such as MBNA, TESCO Bank etc or the credit ref agencies ???

Also on my Experian credit report it has given addresses so do i just use those ?.

Thanks
IT"S OVER 11th NOVEMBER 2014

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:41 am
Hi

I would go through the actual credit reference agency with your changes/questions, they should contact the creditors on your behalf

Regards
Andam Davies

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:00 am
To amend default dates and settlement codes you need to contact the Data Controller at each creditor. The incorrect entry should be dealt with direct with the CRA.

The CRA's are more helpful these days and, as Andy says, might well deal with the creditors on your behalf.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

plasticdaft

Forum Expert

Post by plasticdaft » Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:03 pm
You can get address details for each of the companies data controllers from the ICO website.

Paul
Discharged today the 8th feb 2012. View is much brighter now.
Continuing to rebuild our credit worthiness.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”