I posted a while back about my completion, do I now get to keep PPI ?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
4 posts Page 1 of 1

Stevendml21

Post by Stevendml21 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:44 am
hi guys i posted a while back about my completion,just a quick question,my debt was 29k after inheritence paid 38k f-f,my question is if i got ppi now do i get to keep it,ive got my cc and i signed the ppi forms?thanks.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:03 am
OK --- during an IVA you always owe the full debt, plus fees and possible statutory interest. So, there might have been a few thousand written off (still payable by PPI income).

However, if you look here:

http://ivanews.blogs.iva.co.uk/

You will see that PPI after the completion certificate has been ruled to be yours.

BUT ... if the "PPI forms" you signed assigns the interest in PPI to the IP it has to be paid to the IP, regardless of this court ruling, until such time as someone challenges the authenticity of such deeds.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

thisusernameistaken

Post by thisusernameistaken » Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:47 pm
Steven, from your post it looks like you said the full debt owed originally was £29k you paid off the debt plus interest and fees @ £38k is that right?

If you've paid off everything (ie. nothing written off) then you've satisfied not only the original debt but also the fees and interest so any PPI would be yours to keep.

It's only where the creditors have written off a chunk of debt, interest and fees that they would try to get any PPI payment.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:55 pm
Looking back at your previous posts, thisusernameistaken is right -- you appear to have paid back debt, fees and interest from your inheritance, so any PPI is yours, you have already settled your debt in full.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”