My wife is panicking at the constant flow of arrears letters. Completed IVA nearly two years ago.

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
8 posts Page 1 of 1

Daniel.w

Post by Daniel.w » Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:44 am
I completed my IVA nearly 2 years ago but NatWest keep sending me letters to tell me that my loan account is in arrears. I have phoned them multiple times but the letters keep coming.

Please can someone advise me what I should do. My wife panics every time the letters arrive and it is really starting to cause her stress.

I am also concerned this will effect my credit file. I am now 100% debt free and need to make sure my file reflects this.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:12 am
First of all make sure everything is clear of the IVA. Check you are off the insolvency register then get a copy of your report from each of the three credit reference agencies.

If the default is still there you need to send them a copy of the proposal and certificate of completion and ask them to remove it and amend their records.

Have a look here:

http://debtcamel.co.uk/credit-file-after-bankruptcy/
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Gina.gu

Post by Gina.gu » Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:28 pm
I have had nat west send me many of these recently that 3 years after my full and final. I Ignored them as they were not on my credit file. Then they sold the debt to a company which I got annoyed about so I phoned that company and told them it's on an old iva. The letters have stopped now

Gina.gu

Post by Gina.gu » Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:35 pm
no default should be registering after your iva so you may need to check and get them removed

longslog101

Post by longslog101 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:37 pm
So long as the debt was covered by the IVA A written warning to them advising the debt was subject to an IVA that has now completed - if they contact you again you will be taking legal action against them as they are breaking the law should do it.

Has anyone ever sued a former creditor for harassment or similar ? Would be a peachy kind of response, I think I might do it if they hassle me !
My Blog details, the route I took before IVA, how I choose my firm, equity release advice (year 4-5), challenging the CRA's keeping IVA on credit file once gone from insolvency register

IVA ended August 2015. Would recommend McCambridge Duffy

Gina.gu

Post by Gina.gu » Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:51 pm
Longslog you can complain to the ombudsman and ask for compensation for distress . I've done it x3 and won as they refused to change my defaults . Once I've had to pay up as I needed the default off quickly ,but still challenged it and won .

Lisa Thomas

Industry Expert

Post by Lisa Thomas » Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:47 pm
Hi Daniel - send them a copy of your IVA completion certificate/s and ask them to update their records accordingly. You can also check the IVA register her to make sure you are no longer shown on it:

https://www.insolvencydirect.bis.gov.uk/eiir/
I'm a licensed IP with 16+ yrs at Neville & Co covering the South West area. I have a YouTube channel with advisory videos on here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMPTTu ... Z5k9ZcC2MA http://www.nevilleco.co.uk 01752 786800 Lisa@nevilleco.co.uk

longslog101

Post by longslog101 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:52 pm
font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:<hr height="1" noshade>Originally posted by Gina.gu

Longslog you can complain to the ombudsman and ask for compensation for distress . I've done it x3 and won as they refused to change my defaults . Once I've had to pay up as I needed the default off quickly ,but still challenged it and won .
Nice one gina :) we fight fire with fire ![:D]
My Blog details, the route I took before IVA, how I choose my firm, equity release advice (year 4-5), challenging the CRA's keeping IVA on credit file once gone from insolvency register

IVA ended August 2015. Would recommend McCambridge Duffy
8 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”