Hi. I am wondering what are my chances of obtaining a mortgage.

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
2 posts Page 1 of 1

Alastair.66

Post by Alastair.66 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:05 pm
Hi. I am wondering what my chances of obtaining a mortgage after successful early completion of my IVA in March 2012 which commenced in September 2009 and will remain on my credit report until September 2015. Is it better to wait until after September 2015 to apply for a mortgage to move house from original where I have mortgage now and what sort of deposit, rates may be available if I delay until then. My current provider ie Santander will not consider any alterations to my current mortgage at the moment but, guess this is because of the IVA still being mentioned on my credit file even though its satisfied. Any advice would be welcomed from the experts in this field

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:35 pm
Do nothing until the IVA has cleared from all files. Some lenders will impose further time limits on lending -- a few will not lend at all to those with an IVA in the past

Have a word with Ryan:

http://www.iva.co.uk/forum/pop_profile. ... y&id=18488

Also search for Steve Vickery (who seems to have dropped off the Experts Page).

Both can give you expert mortgage advice and both have placed mortgages soon after the files have cleared.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014
2 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”