panic and worry

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
7 posts Page 1 of 1

janez

Post by janez » Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:52 pm
we have been in our iva now for nearly 4 years. had no problems at all up till now. in february we received a letter from our iva company to say due to ouur IP retireing our account was being took over by another company??? the letter said we had to continue our payments to original company till we heard any different. we have continued to do this, having never missed a payment.yesterday we received a letter from the new company saing we are in breach of our iva as we had missed 3 payments!!!i rang them to query this and have to send my bank statements to prove i have paid,i have sent them to-day. i asked if i should be paying into their account and was told some-one would be in touch when they receive my statements. i dont want anything to go wrong after all this time and am really worried at the moment, any advice to make me feel better please.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:55 pm
Hi, sounds like a bit of a transfer mix - up and I am sure all will be sorted.

Out of interest who have you moved from and to ?
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:17 pm
Hopefully once your bank statements have been seen they will recognise the error and deal with this sensibly with your previous IVA provider and lift the notice of breach.
Let us know how you get on.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

Shining

Post by Shining » Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:41 am
You have proof you've paid so I'm assuming this is as Foggy says a transfer mix up. These things happen although they shouldn't, we're all human.

I'm sure they'll confirm the payments very soon and let you move on with your IVA. Good luck and let us know the outcome.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

janez

Post by janez » Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:23 am
thanks for your replies, made me feel a lot better. hate that permanent feeling of worry etc!!!! had enough of that 4 years ago to last me a lifetime.will post when i have more news. tahnks again

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:15 am
Your IP company should be the one panicking as you have done everything demanded of you yet received threatening letters! Personally I would make a complaint and demand a written apology rather than be afraid of them.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

Lisa Thomas

Industry Expert

Post by Lisa Thomas » Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:24 pm
I agree with Michael. You should have had a letter formally telling you the IVA had been transferred (and showing you evidence of that) and what to do with your future payments. You're not a mindreader!
I'm a licensed IP with 16+ yrs at Neville & Co covering the South West area. I have a YouTube channel with advisory videos on here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMPTTu ... Z5k9ZcC2MA http://www.nevilleco.co.uk 01752 786800 Lisa@nevilleco.co.uk
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”