Advice please about where I stand as regards to maternity benefit

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
2 posts Page 1 of 1

Sophie.k

Post by Sophie.k » Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:49 pm
When I started IVA I was single, then moved into a shared house and began a relationship with the person I moved in with. I am now pregnant and getting married in August and the baby is due in September. I am concerned of how the IVA is going to impact on fiance as his financial details will be scrutinised and to what extent this will be scrutinised. I will be taking a year off following the birth of my baby and am concerned that nearly half of my statutory maternity pay at the beginning will go into the IVA and will leave me with nothing to live on towards the end of maternity leave.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:07 pm
Hi Sophie. Congratulations :-)

A good IP will be able to work around the upcoming events. Usually reduced payments can be organised during Maternity Leave --- there might be an extension at the end of the IVA to Make the payments back up.

Keep your finances separate from those of your partner with no joint accounts, otherwise your IVA will affect his credit rating.

His salary will be needed to work out your fair share of household expenses, if he witholds this, which he is entitled to do, they will work on a 50/50 split.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014
2 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”