Should we do a joint IVA ?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1

Karen.j

Post by Karen.j » Wed May 20, 2015 1:39 pm
Myself and my partner both have separate debt management plans with different companies. He is moving in next month and our finances will totally change. Do we both go to one company and do a joint iva?

rogwal

Post by rogwal » Wed May 20, 2015 1:45 pm
Do you own your own homes and are you both working?

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Wed May 20, 2015 2:11 pm
Hi

Speak with your existing DMP company and see what they suggest, also speak with other companies so that you get advice from several areas

IVAs are individual but many are interlocking so to all intent and purposes they are joint and a single payment made each month based on joint disposable income

Regards
Andam Davies

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Wed May 20, 2015 2:35 pm
Best bet, as said, is to have a chat with a few companies to see the best way forward. Interlocking IVA's are useful if you have any joint borrowing or if one or other income is on the low side, but, otherwise a couple of separate IVA's will also do the trick, if an IVA is the way forward in any event.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

relieved33

Post by relieved33 » Wed May 20, 2015 5:12 pm
We both had ivas but made two payments. We went with Cleardebt and were very pleased from start to finish. Read the reviews and sone of the blogs on here, they tell the real story not a sales pitch. Call a few companies and discuss your options. An iva was an ideal solution for us but is a hard commitment with severe financial repercussions. Use the forum for any questions.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”