Slowly getting there!!!!

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
4 posts Page 1 of 1

baldy

Post by baldy » Wed May 20, 2015 3:34 pm
we are slowly getting towards the end of our IVA. Had to take a payment break last year and decided to take a 6 month break which to be honest really helped us get a few sorted like being able to spend some money on our worn out cars so that hopefully they will get us through to the finishing line!!!

We have just started to do the equity release faze. When we spoke to our lender regarding the redemption figures I thought it would be a good idea to mention in a IVA and what were the chances of getting some kind of letter confirming we would be not be able to re-mortgage, no problems they said we will send out a letter to you just to confirm it!!!!
Iva are going to do an online valuation we know we are well above the equity limit so just waiting to agree to the extra 6 months.

Sometimes just seems so slow when your getting towards the end!!!
Learnt some big lessons Budget ....Budget...Budget....Budget!

Baldy[:)]

Shining

Post by Shining » Wed May 20, 2015 3:48 pm
The end is in sight and it will slowly get there and hopefully problem free. Sounds like you've got it all covered.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

baldy

Post by baldy » Thu May 21, 2015 2:49 pm
Hi,thanks Lesley.

I just wanted to put a few lines down about our IVA!!

One of the hardest things we have found is not being able to share it with very many people. One or two close friends started to ask some difficult questions over a period of time and could not understand why we were not buying a car through the company on finance!!!!

Eventually I felt I had to say something which was a big weight off my shoulders. And they were really supportive so that has made things a bit easier for us.

Just need to get to the end really. Its really nice watching people putting up posts saying they have just finished or about to. At the start of our IVA this site has been so helpful. We were really very lucky to find this site prior to entering our IVA because it enabled us to see what issues people were coming up against. No matter what question you posted and at what time!!!(early shifts!) you always and still do get a lot of help and support on here which to us has made all the difference.

We have a few payments to make up but we are going all out to make them up.
Many thanks
Baldy[:)]

Lisa Thomas

Industry Expert

Post by Lisa Thomas » Thu May 21, 2015 3:00 pm
Hi Baldy - thanks for sharing your experience. You'd be surprised how many people you know are probably going through or have gone through financial problems who are keeping it under their hats too. Hopefully the last few months will fly by.
I'm a licensed IP with 16+ yrs at Neville & Co covering the South West area. I have a YouTube channel with advisory videos on here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMPTTu ... Z5k9ZcC2MA http://www.nevilleco.co.uk 01752 786800 Lisa@nevilleco.co.uk
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”