PPI and Completion Certificate

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
3 posts Page 1 of 1

lifenoteasy

Post by lifenoteasy » Sat May 23, 2015 11:08 am
The following is from the 2014 Annual Review of Insolvency Practitioner Regulation that was publihed in March 201 and which can be found at https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... n_2014.pdf:

"Around 40% of the complaints to the Gateway relate to Individual Voluntary
Arrangements (IVAs) and, in particular, delays in arrangements being concluded due
to enquiries into possible Payment Protection Insurance recoveries. Given these concerns, we agreed with the authorising bodies that where the delay in closing the IVA exceeds 6 months from the debtor’s final payment, the RPBs will consider whether disciplinary action is appropriate in relation to these complaints. We will keep the situation under review through our monitoring activities."

It does not mean that a complaint will be considered but 1) does allow for the possibility of a complaint and 2) it recognises that PPI should not necessarily be a reason to stop a completion certificate being issued.
IVA started March 2011, Completed March 2016 and certificate issued 11 days after final payment. It was not always easy but then some of the best decisions aren't.

bombshell

Post by bombshell » Mon May 25, 2015 10:41 am
This is very interesting to read. Thak you for posting this up
IVA commenced April 2009 and completion certificate issued on the 25th August 2015..

PPI still on-going

I'm there....

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Fri May 29, 2015 6:02 pm
I would also argue that there are provisions in many IVA's which limit the possibility of extensions to two extensions ( one of 3 months and one of up to 6 months) by prior notice.

I was prepared to challenge my IP on this, however, the need did not arise.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”