So Angry GT & Slater Howard

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
9 posts Page 1 of 1

adam090376

Post by adam090376 » Wed May 27, 2015 12:27 pm
Just came off the phone from someone at Slater Hayward asking me if I received their pack regarding PPI. I told them my IVA completed in September 2013 and have the completion certificate so was not signing it based on the fact that I have a letter from Grant Thornton that is signed by both parties that in order to complete PPI investigations I confirm that to the best of my knowledge I do not have any claims to pursue and that I will not pursue a claim at anytime in the future. Case closed. They are trying to say they need to complete these investigations but I have told them I am no longer under the supervision of Grant Thornton and to ask them to so this would in some way put me back under the supervision of Grant Thornton. This is shocking why cant the IVA just go away I am trying to move on with my life I am not interested in any PPI as I don't believe I have any the creditors have accepted that what I have paid back is acceptable and Grant Thornton have completed my IVA case closed leave me alone now GT.

lifenoteasy

Post by lifenoteasy » Wed May 27, 2015 12:59 pm
IVA started March 2011, Completed March 2016 and certificate issued 11 days after final payment. It was not always easy but then some of the best decisions aren't.

adam090376

Post by adam090376 » Wed May 27, 2015 1:09 pm
Well have just spoken to GT and guess what they have said I do not have to sign them if I don't want to as my IVA is complete and the only effect of me signing this would be reclaim any PPI for creditors. So really what they are doing is saying this will not effect your IVA it is complete but we would like to see if there is any PPI to reclaim from the same creditors who's money it is anyway. What a waste of time and the only winners will be Slater Howard and I guess GT who get a cut of anything due. Told them not signing as complete waste of time to which they said fair enough. Money making scheme for others and of no benefit to me or my creditors really.

bombshell

Post by bombshell » Wed May 27, 2015 1:25 pm
I have had a couple of calls from SHL. They have said they sent me a pack but I haven't received anything..!!

My last IVA payment is due to leave next month and why are they only now looking into PPI when GT already done a PPI claim two years ago and it came to nothing.

Just want it all to be over...
IVA commenced April 2009 and completion certificate issued on the 25th August 2015..

PPI still on-going

I'm there....

lifenoteasy

Post by lifenoteasy » Wed May 27, 2015 1:33 pm
Whilst still in the IVA you have little choice BUT there is no reason why it should issuing the completion certificate especially if you agree a deed of assignment.
IVA started March 2011, Completed March 2016 and certificate issued 11 days after final payment. It was not always easy but then some of the best decisions aren't.

bombshell

Post by bombshell » Wed May 27, 2015 1:49 pm
Thanks lifenoteasy.

GT not very quick at doing things are they?!
IVA commenced April 2009 and completion certificate issued on the 25th August 2015..

PPI still on-going

I'm there....

lifenoteasy

Post by lifenoteasy » Wed May 27, 2015 2:23 pm
Unfortunately a fair proportion of things raised on the board lately have been about them.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Fri May 29, 2015 5:01 pm
What GT appear to be doing is getting completed clients to assign PPI rights to them before a final ruling on PPI post completion, currently going through the courts. Any such assignment will ensure they can get PPI post completion even if the court rules otherwise.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

lifenoteasy

Post by lifenoteasy » Fri May 29, 2015 5:21 pm
I wouldn't even say it is deliberate - I think they just took their whole client list and did a big mail shot.
9 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”