Fuming

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
10 posts Page 1 of 1

janjan

Post by janjan » Wed May 27, 2015 8:41 pm
I am so angry. I received a letter last May 2014 congratulating me on completing all my payments to my IVA, although they had to keep my IVA open as they are chasing PPI's and would ask creditors for extension. I did not hear anything else. During this last year I have received standard letters asking for my wage slips and when I have phoned up they have told me to ignore these letters they are just standard and there is nothing on my file to say there are any problems with my account. They apologised for the delay in completion, but hoped it would be sorted soon.

What I am really angry about is...... that today I have received a letter with supervisors report stating that they are unable to close the IVA as still chasing PPI's and that I am in arrears. When I have phoned up they state it is because a direct debit indemnity claim was made in March 2014. I had phoned up the IVA company in March/April 2014 to ask when my last payment was and they had told me that the payments had been made and that I should cancel my direct debit. The payment did go out in April 2014 and an indemnity claim shows up on my statement for April 2014 showing the money being credited back in.

I have been informed by the IVA company that they will go through my file from top to bottom tomorrow and will then contact me to confirm if I am in arrears or not. I have asked them to email me and also email me their complaints procedure as I feel I have been treated unfairly, and if I am in arrears due to this indemnity then why had they not told me sooner. Plus they had told me when I phoned that it was okay for me to cancel my direct debit to make sure no more payments went out.

Not happy and was so excited when I received the post today as I thought it was going to be my completion certificate. Any advise on this please.

janjan

lifenoteasy

Post by lifenoteasy » Wed May 27, 2015 9:00 pm
Pay any arrears and push them on ppi as by itself not enough to delay cc.
IVA started March 2011, Completed March 2016 and certificate issued 11 days after final payment. It was not always easy but then some of the best decisions aren't.

janjan

Post by janjan » Wed May 27, 2015 9:04 pm
Thanks lifenoteasy, but I do not understand why I am only being told now (13 months later) that I am in arrears - when I was told by their company that my payments had been made and I needed to cancel the direct debit - plus received a letter last year stating that I had made all my payments.

janjan

lifenoteasy

Post by lifenoteasy » Wed May 27, 2015 9:14 pm
Because a lot of IVA companies think they can get away with murder and unfortunately expect you to pick up the pieces.

Kick back but in a way that gets you what you need.
IVA started March 2011, Completed March 2016 and certificate issued 11 days after final payment. It was not always easy but then some of the best decisions aren't.

plasticdaft

Forum Expert

Post by plasticdaft » Wed May 27, 2015 9:28 pm
Stand your ground. It doesnt take 13 months to discover arrears. A total nonsense and completely unacceptable.

Paul
Discharged today the 8th feb 2012. View is much brighter now.
Continuing to rebuild our credit worthiness.

janjan

Post by janjan » Wed May 27, 2015 9:28 pm
Thanks - will see what they say after they have checked my file tomorrow.

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Wed May 27, 2015 9:45 pm
This is not fair and you should by now quite rightly be holding your certificate of completion.

Speak to them tomorrow again and push for a resolution and full explanation of what has happened and reason for the delays etc. Don't be fobbed off and keep contacting them until you get resolution.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

Shining

Post by Shining » Fri May 29, 2015 3:49 am
I agree it's very unfair, shout loud and be heard you want your certificate which you've duly earned.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Fri May 29, 2015 4:35 pm
Did they get back to you ? You will need a full statement of all the account activity if they still claim a missing payment.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

janjan

Post by janjan » Fri May 29, 2015 6:27 pm
Hi all

Finally got an apology email from IVA company admitting that I was not in arrears and it was their admin error.

They are still unable to close my IVA though as one of the creditors had put the PPI back into the monies I had owed them rather than send to IVA company. This has meant that the IVA company have overpaid this creditor and they are now asking them for a refund. Until that refund is returned to them they cannot complete my IVA.

Not happy about this but at least I do not have to pay them anymore monies.

Another lesson from being in an IVA is to question everything.
10 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”