Ten years of living in debt has finally concluded.

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
7 posts Page 1 of 1

tiva

Post by tiva » Fri May 29, 2015 6:20 pm
After 6 long years in my IVA plus 4 years before that in a pointless "debt management plan".

I have just a few minutes ago made my final payment!

THANK GOD ITS OVER!

10 years of living in debt and wondering when I will ever get to the end has finally concluded.

I have just got off the phone with DFD, they have checked my file and everything "appears to be in order". So its heading off to the closure department for one more check before I get my CC sent through.

They said this can take 3/4 months, is that pretty much correct or is that very much best case scenario?

As I was in a 6 year IVA, does that mean in theory over the next couple of months I should see my credit file start to dump off the defaults etc? Or will none of that happen until I am removed from the insolvency register and have my CC?

Onwards and upwards to hopefully a brighter future, I may even be able to afford to go on a small holiday at some point soon! First one in 10 years! Hooray!

:)

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Fri May 29, 2015 6:28 pm
Well done Tiva !!!!

The defaults, if correctly dated will start to fall off, the IVA will go when the CC is issued and the Insolvency Service report to the credit reference agencies.

General info here:

http://pjgrecovery.com/clean-up-credit-rating.asp
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

tiva

Post by tiva » Fri May 29, 2015 6:50 pm
Thanks Foggy! :)

Its such a relief to get to the end, well almost, I suppose I wont get the final satisfaction until that CC falls through my letterbox.

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Sat May 30, 2015 4:27 am
Great to hear this ..its been a long time coming and you did it ..great sense of relief. Hopefully it won't be long before you receive your certificate and the defaults drop of your credit report. Well done!
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Sat May 30, 2015 6:08 pm
Hi

Your credit file should be clean within a few months and you can start rebuilding your rating if you want to

You have done well and should be proud of yourself for finally dealing with your debts

Chase for that all important completion certificate

Regards
Andam Davies

plasticdaft

Forum Expert

Post by plasticdaft » Sun May 31, 2015 8:25 am
Well done on the marathon task you just took on. Any reason why you went with the dmp 1st and did you use the same firm for the iva?

Paul
Discharged today the 8th feb 2012. View is much brighter now.
Continuing to rebuild our credit worthiness.

Lisa Thomas

Industry Expert

Post by Lisa Thomas » Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:47 am
Wow what a relief to the end of a long road. Onwards and Upwards for you - good luck.
I'm a licensed IP with 16+ yrs at Neville & Co covering the South West area. I have a YouTube channel with advisory videos on here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMPTTu ... Z5k9ZcC2MA http://www.nevilleco.co.uk 01752 786800 Lisa@nevilleco.co.uk
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”