Any details about Buchanan Wells ? Where would they have got my details from ?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1

Dave.34

Post by Dave.34 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:58 pm
CAN ANYONE GIVE MORE DETAILS ABOUT BUCHANAN WELLS,LOOKED ON LINE THEY ARE A DEBT COLLECTING AGENCY,ALL MY DEBTS ARE IN IVA ,MY WIFES IN A DMP AND NIETHER OF US HAVE DEBTS WITH THIS COMPANY.
WHERE WOULD THEY GOT MY DETAILS FROM MAINLY MY HOME PHONE NUMBER

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:25 pm
They are likely to either have been employed by one of your wife's creditors or have tried your number at random and struck lucky in finding a "live" one.

Have they got any other details about you or are they fishing for information ?
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Dave.34

Post by Dave.34 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:48 pm
THEY ONLY LEFT NUMBER AND REF NUMBER NOT EVEN A NAME WHO THE MESSAGE WAS FOR

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:53 am
Dave, could you please take your caps lock off ? It is considered shouting. Thanks

When and if you speak to them do not give them any information, let them do the talking and agree to nothing.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

lifenoteasy

Post by lifenoteasy » Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:56 am
Where a company leaves information in this way they are basically blagging i.e. hoping to get more information from you than they already had as part of the follow up call.

Any legitimate company will leave a voice mail explaining who they are plus if you ring and they say "We cannot tell you the nature of the call at this stage but for data protection reasons can you confirm x, y or z" don't take it any further and just ignore their calls.

Any legitimate company should be able to explain who they are, why they are ringing you and what gives then the power (if applicable).
IVA started March 2011, Completed March 2016 and certificate issued 11 days after final payment. It was not always easy but then some of the best decisions aren't.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”