Completion and Thanks to GT

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
10 posts Page 1 of 1

vlc1507

Post by vlc1507 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:05 pm
Hi All, not been on for a while but thought I would update.

As some will know we experienced some rather hateful accusations from a third party and as a result were subject to a possible breach of our IVA's.

To cut a long story short the allegations bar one were all proven to be untrue and the other an issue ref inheritance was rectified by paying it in so all sorted.
We had made our last payment of the IVA's on 20th April and payment of the inheritance was made on 1st July and today we received our completion certificate.

I know GT have received a lot of stick on the forum and I myself have also contributed to it but I have to say they have been brilliant through this possible breach situation and have made a very difficult and stressful process much easier to handle.

So I would like to thank GT for that and also for the quick turnaround of our completion certificate.

Onwards and upwards, a big lesson learnt the key is communicate with your IP on anything and everything you are not sure of.

Good Luck to all those still on their journey, there is an end!!

Special thanks on here to Foggy, Michael, Lifenoteasy and everyone else that offered invaluable advice, would have been a much tougher journey without you all.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:18 pm
Great to hear it's all been sorted -- and well done to GT for the fast turnaround.

I must say that, when my "fan was hit", GT were fantastic, very pro-active and supportive. I think a lot does depend upon who handles your case rather than the company itself.

Anyway --- well done .... Onward and Upward :-)
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

longslog101

Post by longslog101 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:50 pm
Vic,

So here is a question for you, due to GT in effect trying to steal equity or another years payments from you I am surprised that you're happy with how they handled the equity release aspect, it is good how they handled the allegations thing.

Can I ask what possible justification/excuse they offered you for trying to in effect steal from you which forced you to go
down their official complaints route ?

If you referred this to the IPA purely for information purposes such that they were aware that the company was making these kind of errors it could possibly prevent it happening to others if they were given a stern talking to, it could even trigger a comman wide audit, what of they found hundreds of customer who had been tied to another year who shouldn't have been or forced to remortgage/release equity ? You could possibly single handely set many people free from an IVA extension they shouldn't be in or open them
up to considerable refunds.

Now that you're free of the IVA and they have no further control over your life are you inclined to do so or rather let sleeping dogs lie ?

original post http://www.iva.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=70032

here is a list of the examples of findings of poor administration rulings against IP's

http://www.insolvency-practitioners.org ... ry-notices
Last edited by longslog101 on Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Blog details, the route I took before IVA, how I choose my firm, equity release advice (year 4-5), challenging the CRA's keeping IVA on credit file once gone from insolvency register

IVA ended August 2015. Would recommend McCambridge Duffy

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:05 am
Glad you now have closure of your iva and you can move on with things with no going back.
I personally would now shut the door on all things iva and not open up another can of worms or add further stress to your life ... let it go and move on x
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

footiemad

Post by footiemad » Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:47 am
Thank goodness, good luck for the future x

KAYKAY

Post by KAYKAY » Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:51 am
Great news... agree with luluj
IVA Completed August 2011

longslog101

Post by longslog101 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:05 pm
I have to politely disagree with those that say just move on. You're free (this is anyone complete that had to complain, not just you Vic) of the IVA now. For every one person they try this on that reports it here how many in reality do you think don't question it ? 10'a, hunsreda, thiusands ?

An IVA is stressful enough for many, if there is any way to make it a better experience for anyone then surely it has to be by reporting when companies try underhand tactics to increase their bottom line at the expense of the person in the IVA - who, lets face it may not be savvy enough to understand the entire document/process and just believe what they are sent/told.

if every occurrence of misconduct by the bad companies were reported I'm sure the regulators would have to put processes in place to prevent this.

Surely the reputable IP'a would agree it would be good for the cowboys in the industry to be held accountable for such actions as they attempted with Vic ?

Only reporting such actions will change things for the better for the consumer, otherwise it just gets brushed under the carpet and they keep doing it !

come on..... lets make IVA's better for people by reporting when firms don't comply, it's not stressful, simply sharing an account of what happened with the IPA is what they are there for and the more accounts of incidents they have the more they can shape the the way and possibly powers they have over such "rogue traders".

the government has an online form for this https://www.gov.uk/complain-about-insol ... actitioner

the regulators and associations are not psychics, they don't know what underhand things go on, or the scale of them until their attention is brought to them and then they can shine one very bright torch on such things.
Last edited by longslog101 on Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Blog details, the route I took before IVA, how I choose my firm, equity release advice (year 4-5), challenging the CRA's keeping IVA on credit file once gone from insolvency register

IVA ended August 2015. Would recommend McCambridge Duffy

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:42 pm
To a degree I agree with both sides ( ever the diplomat! ).

I can really empathise with the need to draw a line and move on. However, I agree with Longslog that faults should be reported to regulators, if nothing else, so that the Insolvency Service and the Regulatory Bodies get a picture of what is actually happening, rather than, like the Royal Family, think that the world smells of fresh paint all the time.

Perhaps a compromise would be a "fire and forget" approach.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

relieved33

Post by relieved33 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:17 pm
It does go to show how unreliable a database of reviews would be! The poster found their support during the allegations and inheritance good and yet in earlier posts claimed to be stressed by it all.

I do think that regulators need to know where issues have arisen but I get the need to move on. For me, it wouldn't be worth the hassle of a formal complaint if things had been settled satisfactorily.

MerlinL14

Post by MerlinL14 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:34 pm
Congrats on completing vlc1507. Seems there are a lot of us about lately [:D][:D][8D]
Last Payment made 04/12/14. Completion Certificate 25/7/15. IVA company GT. No Issues
10 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”