I dont know if an IVA is a viable option ?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
6 posts Page 1 of 1

Katie.g

Post by Katie.g » Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:18 am
Hi again sorry just dont know if an iva is viable option i owe around 27k soley. But have joint mortgage with husband. There is enough equity to pay off debts (30k) but are struggling to release it. We also have x2 buy to let properties with little equity.woild am iva work for me ?

lifenoteasy

Post by lifenoteasy » Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:03 am
Probably but consider going with a smaller iva company who can demonstrate they understand your circumstances and impact of the buy to let properties.
IVA started March 2011, Completed March 2016 and certificate issued 11 days after final payment. It was not always easy but then some of the best decisions aren't.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:27 am
It could work. I suggest you have a chat with a few companies ( as suggested, smaller ones are more likely to look at you as an individual). An IVA is one option, but all of your circumstances need to be weighed up.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:19 am
Sounds like an option particularly as bankruptcy could cause severe problems. You would probably be able to keep the buy to lets on the proviso you attempt to remortgage them and also that they do not lose money. This sounds like a common enough type of IVA and best of luck with it.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

Lisa Thomas

Industry Expert

Post by Lisa Thomas » Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:52 am
Hi Katie yes it's definitely an option bit I think you really need to see an IP and go through everything in detail. Most good ones will not charge you for an initial meeting. They should then tell you the pros and cons of all your options and recommend what they think is best. Shop around a bit and come back to us if you want anything clarified further.
I'm a licensed IP with 16+ yrs at Neville & Co covering the South West area. I have a YouTube channel with advisory videos on here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMPTTu ... Z5k9ZcC2MA http://www.nevilleco.co.uk 01752 786800 Lisa@nevilleco.co.uk

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:22 am
Hi and welcome

An IVA may be an option, however other options may be more suitable

Speak to several companies/experts and make sure that all your questions/concerns are answered

Regards
Andam Davies
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”