barclaycard and defaults on credit report

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
11 posts Page 1 of 1

steppingstones

Post by steppingstones » Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:42 am
I wonder if anyone can help.
I completed my IVA in April and have received my CC.
Every month I monitor my credit report and all the creditors included in my IVA nave either marked my account as satisfied or partially satisfied, with the exception of Barclaycard, who have continued to default my account up to today.
I have written to Barclays twice now using the recommended letter and included a copy of my CC but Barclays are refusing to stop defaulting the account.
Can anyone tell my what my next step is?

lifenoteasy

Post by lifenoteasy » Sat Jul 25, 2015 9:04 am
There is another post on the board where someone is having similar problem with Baraclaycard.

You may have to complain to the Financial Ombudsman and the Information Commissioner plus ask the credit reference agencies to place a note against these entries.

Also quote section 10 of the DPA https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/gu ... -distress/
IVA started March 2011, Completed March 2016 and certificate issued 11 days after final payment. It was not always easy but then some of the best decisions aren't.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sat Jul 25, 2015 9:26 am
Barclays are notoriously uncooperative. However, in all probability, they are not defaulting your account every month. What is happening is that they are reporting each month that the account is still in default. The date of default should be on or around the date of your IVA starting and the whole shebang will disappear 6 years from that date, whether marked satisfied or not.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

steppingstones

Post by steppingstones » Sat Jul 25, 2015 9:26 am
Thanks for the quick response

steppingstones

Post by steppingstones » Sat Jul 25, 2015 9:31 am
Ah I see Foggy.
I've just logged back into my credit report and Barclaycard have got the date of the default as 26/04/2010 (it should be 21/04/2010 - but I'm not going to stress out over a couple of days). So even though a Default continues to be registered each month up until now, these will disappear come April/May next year?

Steven1001

Post by Steven1001 » Sat Jul 25, 2015 9:49 am
I'm hoping so steppingstone. Mine all come off between 31/7 and 18/8 so on the 19/08 my file should be squeaky clean [^]
There's more to life than money....but it does help!!

64 payments made. Full and final with payments made to date accepted on 26/05/15 :-) completion certificate received 17/06/15 :)

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:21 am
That is the theory, and in practice it generally works out that way. You do need to keep an eye on things though as defaults are sometimes incorrectly registered late in the day, for instance, if a debt gets sold on. Usually easily sorted.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Goosed

Post by Goosed » Sat Jul 25, 2015 12:14 pm
You`d think incorrect credit file entries would be easy to rectify Foggy but it`s becoming an ever more increasingly lengthy and difficult process to negotiate with some creditors who are selling debts on near the end of IVAs and some creditors who blatantly refuse to correct file entries.

If you search the web, Halifax bank accounts and Barclaycard seem to be particularly awkward to deal with on this matter.
"When the seagulls follow the trawler, it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea".

Eric Cantona

Cleo76

Post by Cleo76 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:42 pm
Hi, I am having same problem with Barclays. Default date is nine months after start of iva. It will be six years this November since start of our iva so credit file should be clear in November for us but Barclays aren't cooperating. Ignoring our letters and refusing to change dates when raising disputes with the credit reference agencies. I'm about to take it to financial ombudsman. We've been on an interest only mortgage for six years now and we are desperate to switch to repayment but feel like we are being punished all over again. I'll let you know how we get on.

Sharon.10

Post by Sharon.10 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:25 pm
I am the same cleo76 mines 2 years and 3 months after my iva started with barclays and it's still being investigated by the ombudsman. My 6 years was up a year and 9 months a go I have had to wait this long for them to take me off the credit file they won't take me off until November 2015 so really I have done 7 years and 9 months on the credit file with barclays.
Last payment made August 2012 Certificate of Completion recieved 15th of Novenber 2013.

lifenoteasy

Post by lifenoteasy » Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:40 am
State that if required will become a litigant in person taking them to court under s10 dpa.

Your position will be that as they were involved with the creditors meeting that they are therefore publishing inaccurate data that is causing you demonstrable harm and distress.
IVA started March 2011, Completed March 2016 and certificate issued 11 days after final payment. It was not always easy but then some of the best decisions aren't.
11 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”