Going bankrupt. What happens to money paid to PayPlan ? Will I lose my car ?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1

Claire.j

Post by Claire.j » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:51 pm
I have been in an iva for over a year. I have paid about £1000 In. I have decided to go bankcrupt as my finances have changed. What happens to the money what I have paid to payplan? Also I have a logbook loan against my car, will I lose my car when I go bankcrupt. Please help

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:07 pm
The monies paid to Payplan will go towards their fees in all probability. Regarding the logbook loan, this will depend upon the agreement you entered with the loan company -- but, as the vehicle has been pledged as security, they could repossess.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:09 pm
The funds paid will be lost in fees and costs as not enough will have been paid to repay creditors. You vehicle may be at risk if the logbook loan company wish to repossess or the official receiver feels the payments are too high.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:13 pm
Speak to Payplan first to see if there is a way forward. I do agree that your car may be at risk if you declare BR.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:44 am
Hi

The problem with the car is that the OR is unlikely to allow payment within your expenditure budget when setting an income payment arrangement

I think you are likely to lose your car in bankruptcy

Regards
Andam Davies
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”