Hi just had my review and they will not accept some of my expenditure

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
9 posts Page 1 of 1

Eric.w

Post by Eric.w » Sun Aug 16, 2015 11:03 pm
Hi just had my review and they will not accept some of my expenditure won't allow a contingency I have a son from a previous relationship 350 miles away so 700 mile round trip to see him once a month they don't accept expenses for this they want £166 more than I was paying. I can't afford this but happy to pay my old agreement any one help

longslog101

Post by longslog101 » Sun Aug 16, 2015 11:15 pm
Have the combination of your earnings and spending created a £166 pound difference a month ?

Nice to know they care about you maintaining a relationship with your son. Are you sure you're budgeting enough monthly for his maintenance ? And remembering to log all genuine expenses you incur sometimes people forget some things like tobacco, window cleaning, prescriptions, opticians, hairdressing, parking etc etc.

Here is a link, I don't know how out of date it is but it is worth checking the titles you are remembering to include everything, paying for these items by cash often means no receipts and you forget to account for them.

http://www.wkda.org.uk/downloads/expenditure-guide.pdf

Out of interest which firm are you with ?
Last edited by longslog101 on Sun Aug 16, 2015 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Blog details, the route I took before IVA, how I choose my firm, equity release advice (year 4-5), challenging the CRA's keeping IVA on credit file once gone from insolvency register

IVA ended August 2015. Would recommend McCambridge Duffy

Shining

Post by Shining » Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:48 am
hi and welcome to the forum. Maybe a word or an email to your IP explaining your situation in depth and suggesting you return to your previous payment amount. Have your wages increased as £166 per month extra does seem a big increase
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:24 am
As others have suggested a conversation with your IP and a further review of your i&e is required. Unless your income has changed significantly they need to fully explain where they think you can get £166 a month from?
I would also provide them with alternative costings like train fares or cosch rides to see your son monthly ... they cannot stop you from visiting and should in my opinion be supportive in allocating funds to make it happen each month albeit using the cheapest method of transport.
Don't just accept it...
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

lifenoteasy

Post by lifenoteasy » Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:41 am
If it had been previous;y agreed why have they made a new decision now?

Also, are the expenses instead of paying direct maintenance or on top of? If the former claim as maintenance and also provide figures based on what your ex could be claiming from you.

I have a feeling it is more than this amount.
IVA started March 2011, Completed March 2016 and certificate issued 11 days after final payment. It was not always easy but then some of the best decisions aren't.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:59 am
Bottom line is where do they get this increase from ? Have your wages increased by over £300 a month? Or an HP agreement finished ? They cannot renege on previously agreed expenses if they have not drastically changed.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Eric.w

Post by Eric.w » Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:55 pm
font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:<hr height="1" noshade>Originally posted by lesley_

hi and welcome to the forum. Maybe a word or an email to your IP explaining your situation in depth and suggesting you return to your previous payment amount. Have your wages increased as £166 per month extra does seem a big increase

Eric.w

Post by Eric.w » Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:34 pm
Hi when I first went with pay plan I was suffering from depression they were ok to start my wages have not increased by any great amount but now as most my transactions are cash they won't allow if I was to do child minders registered they would cost 5 times what I pay driving 700 mile round trip to see my boy in a day leaving at 5am returning about 1am sleeping in the car for a few hours I have to be there morals makes me do this and now they want to pull the rug from under me I will not be bullied and I can't pay

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:55 am
Demand to speak to the IP at Payplan as you are entitled to do so. If they are now backtracking on allowances previously granted this is wrong whether you spend things in cash or not. Try and keep receipts in future but in the meantime speak to the IP or make a complaint.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com
9 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”