Tax credit overpayment query

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
3 posts Page 1 of 1

Angela.q

Post by Angela.q » Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:32 am
I had a payment management plan starting in 2008 for 5 yeas half way through I changed company as they kept changing names i was worried if payments were made AS THERE WAS PPI PAID OUT AND MY PAYMENTS WERE PAID AND THE DEBT DIDNOT GO DOWN . so I started a IVA with another company and it was for 5 years well I had all ready done 2 and half previously with the first one so why was that and ppi was paid out. Any way the new company have changed name about 3 times and they were ment to pay tax credit overpayment in this IVA and tax credit said they arnt getting payment from them what do i do.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:51 am
As mentioned in the other thread, the previous arrangement has no effect on the IVA term, which will run for as long as was agreed at the start of the IVA.

Which firm are you dealing with ?
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

lifenoteasy

Post by lifenoteasy » Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:59 am
You need to ask the IVA company why payments are not being made to HMRC and point out that the IVA will fail if they do not ensure that HMRC see that payments are being made.

As Foggy says it would help if we know who you are with - that way we might be able to find out more and be more specific on advice.
IVA started March 2011, Completed March 2016 and certificate issued 11 days after final payment. It was not always easy but then some of the best decisions aren't.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”