Partially satisfied entry on credit report ?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
3 posts Page 1 of 1

longslog101

Post by longslog101 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:48 pm
So here is one for those familiar with credit reports and their appearance after IVA settlement.

I just had a call from Barclaycard in response to my letter requesting the entry be updated as settled/satisfied/partially satisfied. They confirmed the record will be updated like this.

What I don't know is what happens going forward ? Will they keep reporting a partial satisfaction and amount outstanding in their eyes each month or will there be one entry and that is it done and dusted ?

Obviously one of the terms for updating the credit report is where there is a contract in place to update the status of the account, however as the credit card companies have terminated our agreements will they still update the report going forward ?

Would anyone mind checking their report if they have access for example via noddle (or equivalent) to see how it looked following IVA settlement if you settled before the 6 years ?

Thanks
My Blog details, the route I took before IVA, how I choose my firm, equity release advice (year 4-5), challenging the CRA's keeping IVA on credit file once gone from insolvency register

IVA ended August 2015. Would recommend McCambridge Duffy

longslog101

Post by longslog101 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:12 pm
I found this thread that was interesting but it may be a little outdated, anything recent would be great, thanks.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/sho ... p?t=677875
My Blog details, the route I took before IVA, how I choose my firm, equity release advice (year 4-5), challenging the CRA's keeping IVA on credit file once gone from insolvency register

IVA ended August 2015. Would recommend McCambridge Duffy

darth_ivader

Post by darth_ivader » Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:13 am
font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:<hr height="1" noshade>Originally posted by longslog101

So here is one for those familiar with credit reports and their appearance after IVA settlement.

I just had a call from Barclaycard in response to my letter requesting the entry be updated as settled/satisfied/partially satisfied. They confirmed the record will be updated like this.

What I don't know is what happens going forward ? Will they keep reporting a partial satisfaction and amount outstanding in their eyes each month or will there be one entry and that is it done and dusted ?

Obviously one of the terms for updating the credit report is where there is a contract in place to update the status of the account, however as the credit card companies have terminated our agreements will they still update the report going forward ?

Would anyone mind checking their report if they have access for example via noddle (or equivalent) to see how it looked following IVA settlement if you settled before the 6 years ?

Thanks
They will mark it as satisfied,partially satisfied or settled, and it will remain on the file until six years after the default date.
One thing to check is that the default date is no later than the iva start date, in many cases my default dates were several months later than the iva date. If this is the case, you can contact them and ask for the default date to be corrected.
Also, it is usually better to put this in writing rather than phone or email.... Some creditors will insist on this!
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”