How much should the offer be for a full and final please ?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
4 posts Page 1 of 1

eddyboy

Post by eddyboy » Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:31 pm
hi I pay £500 per month this is mine and my wifes iva its been running for 20months my best friend whats to pay this off for me I still have 40 months left how much should the offer be please

relieved33

Post by relieved33 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:17 am
Check uour proposal, do uou have a minimum dividend or equity to release?

As a ball park figure, remaining payments x payment amount factoring a reduction for admin fees and more if there's equity.

I have seen people offer very generous amounts and have them rejected and others make low offers and be accepted.

It also depends on reasons. Illness and reduced future income againstt simply wanting it over.

Lisa Thomas

Industry Expert

Post by Lisa Thomas » Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:16 pm
By my calculations you have £20k of outstanding contributions left. You offer would need to be in this region less a bit of 'discount' to allow for 3 years savings on Administration costs and they extra payments you will continue to make whilst a meeting is called. If this is too much I suggest you continue as you are and wait util you have a lower balance and a bit more time under your belt. You will also need to allow for any equity that might apply if you own a property.
I'm a licensed IP with 16+ yrs at Neville & Co covering the South West area. I have a YouTube channel with advisory videos on here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMPTTu ... Z5k9ZcC2MA http://www.nevilleco.co.uk 01752 786800 Lisa@nevilleco.co.uk

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:28 pm
Hi

You could offer 15k, stating that the funds are coming from a third party and are only available if they are used to conclude your IVA.

Good luck

Regards
Andam Davies
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”