I have the option to lease a car, through NHS. Does anyone else do this ?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
4 posts Page 1 of 1

Lauradh51

Post by Lauradh51 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:10 pm
I am 1 year into my IVA and my car has broken and will cost a fortune to fix. I have the option of a lease car through the NHS - does anyone else do this and have experience of negotiating this with PayPlan? My quotes for an appropriate car are approx £250 but I don't know if they will agree to this.

lifenoteasy

Post by lifenoteasy » Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:32 am
My other half did this and it's incredibly cost efficient.

You will need to demonstrate that you are not spending any more than you currently are.

It is also salary sacrifice not a credit agreement.
IVA started March 2011, Completed March 2016 and certificate issued 11 days after final payment. It was not always easy but then some of the best decisions aren't.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:38 am
Payplan are usually sympathetic to anything like this and you do need a car. You will make savings as well because you shouldn't need any repairs doing.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

lifenoteasy

Post by lifenoteasy » Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:42 am
Nor insurance or breakdown cover as that is all included plus the car will be more fuel efficient.

The only thing that you need to look out for is if you leave your job whilst still in the 3 year period - there is a lump fee to be paid in that case (about £1k).
IVA started March 2011, Completed March 2016 and certificate issued 11 days after final payment. It was not always easy but then some of the best decisions aren't.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”