Have completion certificate and off insolvency register but scared of messing up my scores.

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
3 posts Page 1 of 1

Emma.cl

Post by Emma.cl » Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:52 am
Hi I have my completion certificate and I am off the insolvency register. I have checked the three credit companies and my scores are all excellent.does this mean that I can now apply for any credit card or do I still need to have a high interest one.I am a bit scared of messing up my scores

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:54 am
Hi,

You ca try for a normal one - there are some sites that will let you check out whether or not you may be accepted without it leaving a footprint on your file - I think Barclaycard are one of them.

Otherwise try Capital One or Vanquis, they may be high but as long as you pay the card off every month the interest won't affect you.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

ilikewatch

Post by ilikewatch » Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:29 am
Try the credit card eligibility checker at moneysavingexpert.com - this give you an idea of the likelihood of being accepted for a range of cards (including mainstream and credit builder cards). The eligibility checker performs a "soft" search which won't be visible to future lenders, or impact your credit file.

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/eligi ... dit-cards/

Although the checker isn't 100% accurate, I have personally found it pretty good.
"If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”