I don't know how to answer query or shall I just ignore it ?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
3 posts Page 1 of 1

Lesley.r

Post by Lesley.r » Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:07 am
Hello, I've been in an joint iva for just over 4 years now. Unfortunately me and my partner split up about a year into the iva but came to a mutual agreement that we would just keep paying the IVA.
The company we use hasn't been in contact with me since it was set up but my parents have received letters on 6 monthly basis with updates as they were part of the IVA.
They have now received a letter to say that we have done very well and missed no payments but we have broken the terms of our agreement as we haven't supplied them with an update of our circumstances and have asked if my parents are still happy to carry on until the end of iva.
Today I have received a letter from the IVA company asking for a review from me and my ex partner!!I'm now really worried as we're no longer together he lives with someone else and has a child and isn't earning alot and I've had a pay rise!
I don't know if to reply to them or just ignore it? Please help??

Shining

Post by Shining » Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:54 am
Hi and welcome. I do think to ignore it would not be wise advice and to that end I would say contact them. If you don't you risk the IVA failing and being back to square one in respect of your debts.

Why not bite the bullet and give them a ring or drop them an email explaining to them the change in your personal circumstances. It's in the interest of nobody for your IVA to fail after 4 years so try and work a way forward with them. All the best.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

Lisa Thomas

Industry Expert

Post by Lisa Thomas » Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:16 pm
Hi Lesley best to be up front and sort this out otherwise you could fail your IVA. If you give them the info they want this might resolve the breach so you can carry on. Even if you've had a payrise I suspect as you only have one income paying all your bills your costs will have gone up reducing your disposable income.
I'm a licensed IP with 16+ yrs at Neville & Co covering the South West area. I have a YouTube channel with advisory videos on here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMPTTu ... Z5k9ZcC2MA http://www.nevilleco.co.uk 01752 786800 Lisa@nevilleco.co.uk
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”