F&F meeting called, but no reason given

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
6 posts Page 1 of 1

Backontrack

Post by Backontrack » Sat Nov 14, 2015 9:20 pm
Hi all, we recently requested a F&F with creditfix due to my wife's ill health ( a friend offer us a some to put forward).
Today we received the copies of the paperwork that was sent to creditors from creditfix, calling for a full and final meeting on the 30th.
They don't seem to have included the reason to our creditors that we wanted to offer a F&f (my wife's ill health). Now I am panicking our offer will be rejected!!!
As of 30th November we would owe £5200 and we offered 4K to bring the Iva to closure.
Does anyone think the fact that creditfix have not advised creditors as to why we wanted the F&f that they will reject the offer? Slightly panicking!

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Nov 14, 2015 9:29 pm
Hi,

Sorry to hear of your wife's ill health. Hope she will be fine soon.

Speak to CF on Monday to check that they are putting that reason forward.

I'm sure it will be ok.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

lifenoteasy

Post by lifenoteasy » Sat Nov 14, 2015 9:39 pm
They may just have thought it had no relevance.

To be fair to CF they would have not have put the offer forward if they thought there was a chance if it being rejected.
IVA started March 2011, Completed March 2016 and certificate issued 11 days after final payment. It was not always easy but then some of the best decisions aren't.

relieved33

Post by relieved33 » Sat Nov 14, 2015 9:50 pm
They wouldn't waste their time and creditors time with an unreasonable offer. They know creditors well and it's not in their interest to make them silly offers.

Hoping your wife is feeling better soon.

grimswold

Post by grimswold » Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:38 pm
Don't worry, I was told by CF that they would not put it forward if it wasn't viable when I put mine forward. They are not going to waste time holding and paying for meetings if it isn't going to work.
Last edited by grimswold on Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:10 am
If creditors do reject then CF can advise of the reason but personally I would have included the information in the variation proposal. The more creditors know the less likely they are to reject.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”