My IVA has been terminated 1 month from the end. Can I contact creditors direct ?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1

Lisadj51

Post by Lisadj51 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:33 pm
IVA has been terminated 1 month from the end as I didn't pay in redundancy despite being out of work for 5 months and they claim to have not received a piece of paperwork insent in, although they never called or emailed to chase this. can I now contact my creditors direct and offer what was left on the IVA? previous people have said to liaise with the ip directly but I have been told they will not be conversing with me over the phone or in writing it all seems very harsh in month 70-71? The ip if of any relevance has changed from when this was first started.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:37 pm
Hi,

Can you try and sort this out with your IP? Seems a bit bad to do this.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:11 pm
If your IVA has not been terminated it can be salvaged. It is also your right to request a variation for whatever reason and if your IP is not helpful you can make a complaint against him/her. It does not matter who the IP was at the start but the current one is responsible so demand to speak to that person.

If the IP firm has a complaints process you should start with this and urgently escalate the matter.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

longslog101

Post by longslog101 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:22 pm
In this post you said they were going to fail it. http://www.iva.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=74579

Now in this posts you state they have failed it. I would still follow the steps highlighted in my response in the previous post, Asking for the exact written reasons and proof of the breach notice they sent and suggest they correct their error and you expect this all within 7 working days or you will be filing a formal complaint with the ombudsman and contacting the insolvency service.

They must have a complaints procedure that they are bound by, you'd be crazy to just accept they have failed you in the last month for an invalid reason.!

Also in your complaint you want to ask for th name of the IP who is responsible for your case or who represents the company,

As they have said they won't converse with you in the ohone or in writng I would address your complaint direct to the highest level possible CEO or similar, who on earth condones their staff saying such a thing - unless they are a shadey bunch - can you name to firm here please so other know to be cautious and not go with them, it might also make them come into action of they read these forums !

Drop the insolvency service a line too and speak to them and ask what they suggest.
Last edited by longslog101 on Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Blog details, the route I took before IVA, how I choose my firm, equity release advice (year 4-5), challenging the CRA's keeping IVA on credit file once gone from insolvency register

IVA ended August 2015. Would recommend McCambridge Duffy

longslog101

Post by longslog101 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:29 pm
Ah I see now it was kingsgate , what was the outcome of your earlier post ?

http://www.iva.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=74369
My Blog details, the route I took before IVA, how I choose my firm, equity release advice (year 4-5), challenging the CRA's keeping IVA on credit file once gone from insolvency register

IVA ended August 2015. Would recommend McCambridge Duffy
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”