Good evening! I'm almost ready to do an IVA, I think !

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
11 posts Page 1 of 1

hayden93

Post by hayden93 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:28 pm
Good evening! I'm almost ready to do an IVA, I think!

How much paperwork do they need? And what of?

I rent a room for £80/week but she doesn't want to put that into writing for her own personal reasons which I understand.

I work for my brother which is a proper LTD company, but I'm not on a fixed monthly wage, sometimes its less if there isn't 5 days work (Christmas) ect 4/5 I work 5 days a week. But not every week.

I'm 22 and owe about 15k and struggling to live, I want to get out of debt now rather than later!

Thank you for your time!

relieved33

Post by relieved33 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:24 pm
Have you had a discussion with a professional to check that an iva is the right option?

Speak to a few, they shouldn't charge. We used Cleardebt / David Mond and there's Andy Davie snd Michael Peoples who post on here and come recommended.

Good luck!

lifenoteasy

Post by lifenoteasy » Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:38 am
Find another way if you can as the impact would haunt your credit history for at least the next 15 years.

You are comparitively young with anot insurmountable debt.
IVA started March 2011, Completed March 2016 and certificate issued 11 days after final payment. It was not always easy but then some of the best decisions aren't.

Shining

Post by Shining » Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:35 am
15 years Lifenoteasy, why do you say that? I'm post IVA with a High Street Bank credit card. Same mortgage admittedly and I've a car loan too with my High Street Bank.

There may be a valid reason for this statement but for me it's not the case.

To the OP when entering an IVA do be as sure as you can be that it's the right decision for you as it isn't for everyone and it's certainly not easy.

There are other options out there to discuss with some professionals so do take that advice and have a good think before moving forward.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:27 am
You may qualify for a debt relief order depending on your earnings or an IVA may be an option. Renting the room is fine and your friend has little to be concerned about as the amount is under the threshold for rent a room anyway. Get some free advice from an IP firm and hopefully get the debt problems resolved quickly.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

lifenoteasy

Post by lifenoteasy » Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:28 am
Lesley - there was a previous discussion on the board around this and the potential impact could go on that long.

Irrespective given the posters age I would still say find another way as this will impact on anything they want to do given critical stage of their life.
IVA started March 2011, Completed March 2016 and certificate issued 11 days after final payment. It was not always easy but then some of the best decisions aren't.

Shining

Post by Shining » Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:57 pm
I must have missed it LNE or maybe forgotten (probably the latter). I'll go have a search.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:13 pm
I think some people have said an IVA can affect you for a further fifteen years if you have to take out a secured loan. There are also banks who will want 6 years post completion before they will consider you for anything but usually six years will be the maximum that anyone's credit file is impaired.

Yes there may be other issues for a time but these can be overcome.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

Shining

Post by Shining » Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:16 pm
I've moved on totally... lucky? maybe and can see why it would affect you with a secured loan potentially. Thank you Michael.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:18 pm
We were able to get finance for a new bed and hubby has a mainstream credit card.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

lifenoteasy

Post by lifenoteasy » Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:18 pm
There is also the impact of an iva company if they delay the cc.

2 years is not unheard of. Pay plan aren't issuing any till next year.
11 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”