PPI

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
3 posts Page 1 of 1

djedfra

Post by djedfra » Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:53 pm
Hi there, long time no speak. I hope everyone is well. I have just had my second review for my IVA and my payments have been maintained.

Although it is hard, I am keeping the final goal of starting again in my sights, and I am approaching the halfway mark with determination.

My question is that my IP has (about 6-8 months ago) requested my permission to search for PPI to add to my payments to creditors. (I'm pretty sure I have no PPI anyway, but they are welcome to check!) How long does it normally take to advise if any PPI has been found and claimed? I hear horror stories of people waiting on their Cert of Completion and it being delayed due to PPI, and I'm grateful they have tackled this hurdle early, but will they delay it for up to three years to delay sending me my COC?

Thanks
I can only spend what I have!

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:12 pm
The IP has an obligation to investigate any possible assets including PPI and anything you can do to help will speed the process up. It should be all done by the time your IVA has completed anyway but if not and you have helped to date, your IP will usually close the IVA down and get you to sighn a deed of assignment. All quite common and simple.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

djedfra

Post by djedfra » Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:28 pm
Excellent, thank you for the reassurance.

:)
I can only spend what I have!
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”