In my final year I am still unable to work after 6 month payment break. Any suggestions ?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1

Michelledp18

Post by Michelledp18 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:04 am
I am in my final year of IVA. I have recently had a 6 month payment break because I had to leave my job for health reasons and my IP suggested this break to help me out. I am due to start my payments again in January but my health hasn't improved and I am still unable to work. I was paying £250 a month. I have sent in the equity documents as required and my property is in negative equity. I'm going to struggle to start my payments again in January. I am receiving ESA and PIP now but this is nowhere near what I was previously earning. I don't want my IVA to fail at this late stage, any suggestions?

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:09 am
Hi and welcome

Ask your IP to hold a creditors meeting and to ask for payments made to date to be accepted as full and final payment of your IVA

Good luck

Regards
Andam Davies

lifenoteasy

Post by lifenoteasy » Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:14 am
The fact you are receiving pip suggests your health problems are significant as the criteria for awarding it is really tough.

Do as Andy suggests highlighting that your health issues.
IVA started March 2011, Completed March 2016 and certificate issued 11 days after final payment. It was not always easy but then some of the best decisions aren't.

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:18 am
This should be a straightforward closure as Andy suggests. You have done everything you can and your IP has been a support so I see no reason why creditors would have any problem with closing it now. It may not even need another meeting of creditors as your IP could possibly issue a certificate of substantial compliance and close it anyway.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

Lisa Thomas

Industry Expert

Post by Lisa Thomas » Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:25 am
I agree with Andy. Speak to your IP and propose the variation. Hopefully they will be supportive and encourage creditors to vote in favour.
I'm a licensed IP with 16+ yrs at Neville & Co covering the South West area. I have a YouTube channel with advisory videos on here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMPTTu ... Z5k9ZcC2MA http://www.nevilleco.co.uk 01752 786800 Lisa@nevilleco.co.uk
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”