My husband is 3 years into his IVA but it is not on Experian. I am so confused.

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
9 posts Page 1 of 1

Kirsty.y

Post by Kirsty.y » Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:38 pm
Hello

My husband is 3 years into his IVA and we have just set him up on Experian but the IVA is not there, no old debts and a good credit score. I am so confused by this. I don't want to bring it to anyone's attention but on the other hand if it's not mentioned now could they put something on at the end of the IVA term. We only set up the Experian by way of looking to the future and were expecting the worst but now I'm am stumped! Thanks

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:00 pm
Hi,

Have you checked to see if he is on the Insolvency Register?
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Kirsty27

Post by Kirsty27 » Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:46 pm
Hi

Yes I checked that today and he is listed on there with the correct date.

We tried to also do a noddle check first but it said there wasn't enough data on him to create a report.

The last to try is equifax but I really don't understand it!

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:00 pm
Neither do I!!! I use Noddle and also Clearscore and have no problems.

Do try Equifax as well to see what they say.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Kirsty27

Post by Kirsty27 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:43 am
Yes we shall do that at the weekend. And moving forward, I suppose we have somehow slipped through the net? I don't know. He has an experian score not far off excellent.

I don't know whether he should mention it to his IP? Is it his responsibility to make sure it's on there? My main concern is that something horrendous happens at the end of the IVA!

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:14 am
Your IP will have nothing to do with the credit report so in my opinion he needs to do nothing. Some IVAs never go on the credit report as the creditors such as HMRC, trade creditors and even some banks do not use these agencies.

Had you not checked you would never have known he was not there so I cannot see how it is his problem.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

Shining

Post by Shining » Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:25 am
Hopefully Michael's post has reassured you. I strongly doubt they can add it on after IVA has completed as that would be false so hoping he can get to the end without this on credit file. All the best.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

Kirsty27

Post by Kirsty27 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:11 am
Thanks all for your responses.

It almost makes me feel like we are paying into a black hole and wondering what would happen if we let the IVA fail - however with only 23 payments left Im not taking that risk!

I just am gob smacked that not a single creditor is on his report. His Experian report actually has one negative comment on it and that is that he hasn't utilised any credit.

I only checked as we are hoping to get a mortgage at the end of all this and I wanted to check everything had been included but now it seems that ironically it will be my credit rating that holds us back!

Well if it really isnt going to go on there then thats a small light at the end of a very long tunnel!

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:21 am
Perhaps you moved address during this and the adverse information is held somewhere else. Just guessing but personally I would leave it alone. If there is less than two year's left it does seem better to let it run and twelve months after that any adverse information would have fallen off anyway.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com
9 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”